Chapter 15: Darkness Arrives... Part 1

After breakfast, Ethan and Sofia went for a walk around the village "Our home sure has changed alot..." He Said in amazment, "Mabye for you, but it's been like this ever since as long as i can remember" Replied Sofia. Ethan then asked "Where are we headed anyway?", "I've heard that alot of my friends have gone to visit Royal Prep one last time before they transfer to their new schools, now I feel like it's my turn" Smiled Sofia, "Alright" Replied Ethan. Eventually, they both reached Royal Prep and Ethan immidietely reconized the place, "I remember this establishment, I went here mornings ago after 'that' argument", Sofia was suprized "Really?", Ethan nodded but then his face turned serious and said "I had a vision last night... it was of certain events that occured throughout your early childhood, for instance without an older sibling you had to learn to protect yourself. Well you don't have to act big and strong anymore, not if you don't think you can... big brother's here to protect you... i vowed that since the very day i first set eyes on you" He ended impressivly. Sofia was amazed, shocked and emotional all at the same time "Y-You promised... to protect me?" She Asked, "Indeed" Ethan Replied softly and he explained all the other events from his past.

"Ever since the day me and...father... left you and mum, my life changed for the worst... and NO i don't know what happend to him... or where he is" He Added. "The Spirits of the Ever Realm took me in and everything acted as if nothing had happend... 5 years passed, when i turned 12 my training began but the Elder Spirit would become enraged should i make a mistake, the other Spirits however felt sympathy for me over the following years and they always TRIED to stop the Elder Spirit from... doing bad things, finally my training and my time in the Spirit Realm had come to an end, the Elder Spirit talked with me one last time and apologised for everything saying that it was his job to push me to do better, we shook hands and he presented the very thing i'm wearing around my neck... he then said to go and live my new life in honour and magnificance".

"And that's the last thing I remember... before you brought me back into reality", Sofia was already in tears "It's true... I DID have to learn how to look after myself, B-But now that your back i feel... small, defenseless... and weak, and YES your right I AM scared... of losing you again!" and she embraced him tightly all the while sobbing loudly. "What have I done!?" Ethan Gasped "The King was right! i should have never told you about my past! Please calm down, shhhhhhhh..." Ethan tried to sooth his little sister, the girl's sobbing finally began to die down after a short while "I'm sorry... I just can't believe you had such terrible past! when you said you had a dark past, i never expected it to be tragic!", "I know... i know" Ethan softly Replied "But on a side note... you would of found out later in life anyway, so it's better you know the truth now rather than later in life". Then, out of nowhere, Sofia became severely enraged, "WHY? WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT!?" She burst out in anger "DAD TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ME AND YOU WENT AHEAD AND IGNORED HIM! AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE... YOU BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT OF OUR REAL DAD! I REMEMBER A LONG TIME AGO, I KEPT WONDERING IN WORRY THAT I COULD NEVER ACCEPT THE KING AS MY NEW FATHER! AND NOW YOU'VE BROUGHT BACK SAID FEARS!", "BECAUSE HE ISN'T!" Boomed Ethan "HE NEVER WAS! AND NEVER WILL BE!", Sofia slowly began to back away and shake her head slowly, "How can a big brother, a full-on role model, say things like that towards of his own younger sibling... stay away from me". Ethan placed a hand on her shoulder and tried to explain, but she responded by immediately shoving it off, no too gently, "Don't touch me!". She cried and she stormed off, bursting out crying. Ethan just stood there, shocked, full with anger and full of guilt. "What... have i done?" He Gasped softly, before collapsed down to his knees and forecfuly hitting himself in the face "YOU FUCKING IDIOT! YOU'RE PATHETIC! I HATE MYSELF! SHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER FOUND ME!!!!!" he roared, almost destroying his lungs.

Thankfuly no-one was around so his deep, booming, echoey voice wasn't heard, he slowly walked into a small wooded area and began talking to himself "It's not MY fault! she just doesn't see, she and mother are blind!. Who does that fucking idiot think he is!? marrying MY mother out of absolute nowhere! and stealing MY family while i'm half dead!. But not just that, he could also be the reason why father was nearly hunted down!". He spotted a small pond and decided to sit down and rest, small tears began to form in his eyes, he also remembered the silver canteen he filled that morning, he took a small sip and listened to the wind blowing in the trees. "Why... am I who I am? why am i... myself? i'm nothing, things were better before i returned... yet i have no idea just HOW they found me. Well they shouldn't have! there is no need for me in this world... the girl's lives are better now that they are Royals... but mine is just living hell!" He took another sip from the canteen and peered into the pond showing his reflection. "You're a loathsome fucking wimp," he said darkly as tears cruised down his cheeks. He sat in silence and listened to the wind as he began to have multiple flashbacks of his golden years, memories from before Sofia was born, all the while sobbing like a new born. He was thankful nobody was around to see him, he knew that a teenage/adult male must NEVER show his emotion. "Mother... why did you listen to him? why... did you marry him?" He was about to take another sip when he suddenly sprung to life. "No," he said firmly, "I'm NOT going to sit here and drink my new life away." And with that, he dried his inner face, put his canteen away and marched off to find one of the two remaining gems of his life.