Chapter 8: A Morning Stroll

Morning came, and Bailwick arrived at Sofia's bedroom to wake up both herself and Ethan. "Good morning Princess Sofia!" He Smiled, "Good morning Bailywick" Yawned Sofia. "Where is your brother?" Bailywick Asked confused but then he saw him asleep on the balcony, he sighed in relief and went to wake him. "Sir Ethan? it's time to wake up" He Whispered, Ethan yawned and sat up "Good Morning, Baily..." He Said weakly, "Breakfast is on the table, but may i ask what you'd like for dessert?" Bailywick Asked, "I'll pass" Ethan tried to smile. Bailywick Chuckled "In the shape you are already in, it's no wonder you're passing it up", as he left the balcony to ask Sofia the same question, Ethan thought to himself "The shape i'm already in?" he then looked at his chest and was amazed, he had muscles "What the Heck!?" He Exclaimed "God damn look at me!" and he struck a pose "Guess those 5 years worth of Sprirt training paid off after all". Miranda came in looking for Ethan when she saw something that not only shocked her, but also made her blush. There looking at the view of the sea, was a shirtless Ethan "Oh my..." Miranda Gasped, "Enjoying the view mother? i know i am" Ethan Joked, "Son... h-how?" Miranda Asked, "It seems those 5 years worth of training really paid off" Ethan Smirked. He then struck a pose and his mother blushed as red as a tomato "Have a feel" Ethan Winked playfully, "Ooooh son!" his mother giggled "Look at you, so big, so strong, and so handsome!" and she playfully pinched his cheek. Ethan Chuckled and blushed "Mother! i clearly didn't mean like THAT!", Miranda just laughed "Well, i'll let you get dressed, your breakfast is getting cold", "Thanks" Ethan Smiled "And don't worry, the little ones will NEVER see this man's torso" He Added causing Miranda to laugh again. "They better not!" She Replied playfully, then she left and Ethan got dressed into the same unique outfit he had created the previous day.

5 Minutes Later

Ethan strolled to the dinner table where his family were waiting, "Good Morning!" Smiled Sofia and she ran up and hugged him. Ethan chuckled "Good morning yourself, anyway what's the plan for today?", "We're a little unsure" Replied Roland as he wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. "Me and Ethan had a great night last night" Smiled Sofia, "That we did" Ethan Agreed "She told me about her incredible Amulet and i showed her my Chain" He Added.

"What?" Roland stood up "Young man, i told you NOT to tell her about it... wern't you listening?" He said sternly, "You said nothing about the Chain" Replied Ethan"It shares absolutely NO relation to my past ". The King walked over to him "Listen... just don't frighten the children in front of me and your mother", "Frighten!?" Ethan Exclaimed angrily "I'll have you know that i am 17 years of age and i certainly know how to treat a younger sibling whn i see one" He shot a quick smile at Sofia. "It doesn't matter" The King Snapped back "Yes, you may be a year away from becoming an official adult, but I'M still the one in charge AND as your new father, i forbid you to mention ANYTHING about last night!" He ended impressively. "New..." Growled the teen "No... there is no new... only old", "Old?" Asked Miranda, "Yes, old" Ethan Replied angrily and he turned to face Roland. "Do not think for a second you are here to replace mine and mine and sister's father! just because he's... not here, doesn't mean you take his place! YOU'RE... NOT... MY... FATHER" He ended darkly and he stormed away without finishing his breakfast. King Roland was furious and Queen Miranda felt like tearing up, but Sofia, Amber and James just sat there shocked, Finally Sofia Said "I'll go and talk to him" and she chased after him before anyone could stop her. Ethan was outside still fuming about the argument when his little sister came up, Ethan turned to her "I-I-I'm sorry i frightend you" He Apologised, "It's ok" She Said and gave him a reasureing smile, "No it's not" Replied her big brother "I let my anger... and age get the better of me, I yelled at THE King of this place... AND upset our mother", "But now you have a chance to make up for it" Sofia assured him "And besides, you didn't scare us... but i think you could use a little break from the castle, and maybe go for a little walk?". "Good idea" Ethan Agreed "I'll be back soon" and he gave Sofia a kiss on the forehead, "See you later" She giggled, she then walked back inside. Ethan got up and thought "I'll have that stroll through Dunwiddie, after all i'm curious to see what the whole place looks like after a entire decade" and that's excatly what he did.

Dunwiddie was basically the heart of the kingdom, specifically the town square. He wasn't even anywhere close to it, and yet the sheer noise was already at it's peak. As Ethan slowly walked along, nobody seemed to notice him in any way and he realized why, "I'm wearing my red overcoat over my main princely attire" He Thought "They are unable to see the Royal nature it commands. Good, now I won't be bothered to death by anyone." Those who DID notice and pay attention to him, however, treated him as if he were a fully grown adult. A young lady, looking to be bearly over the age of 25, said, "Thanks, handsome," as he politely let her pass by on a narrow street. "I guess perks really do exist..." he thought, a smrik forming on his face. He soon noticed a sign up ahead that read, "Royal Preparatory Academy Ahead". "That must be a school for upcoming members of Royalty... I wonder if Sofia, James and Amber go to be educated there" He Thought "I think it's already midday, therefore all the kids'll be having lunch. May as well have a quick look at the place, I'm quite curious." He walked down the path for about five straight minutes and soon came across a large building bursting with color and character.

" He walked down the path for about five straight minutes and soon came across a large building bursting with color and character

"This must be it" He Said to himself. Just then he heard a voice "I sure am gonna miss this place", "I will too Baby Bro, in fact i STILL do" Ethan was confused "That sounds like tresspassers! well, time to do my good deed for the day" he snuck around the corner and saw the two tresspassers, only to realize that they were dressed very Royal like. "Oh... they must be students" He Realized, he then walked up to them "Er excuse me, boys?" He Asked, the two boys turned quickly around and were suprized by a towering figure "Woah!" Gasped the taller boy "We're very sorry mister...", Ethan Chuckled "Don't worry, i'm a teenager". The two boys sighed in releif "Who are you?" Asked the shorter boy, "I should ask you the same thing, considering the fact that i almost mistook you for tresspassers" Ethan Replied. "Oh no" Chuckled the taller boy "We used to be students here, anyway i'm Prince Axel of Albuquerque, and this is my baby brother Hugo", "Hello" Smiled Hugo "W-What's your name?". "The names Ethan" He Smiled, but then he stopped and his eyebrow raised, "Wait... Axel? the very same child i helped get his favourite ball back many years ago?". Axel looked up at him "S-Someone DID help me get my ball back from a thorny bush a long time ago, i'm amazed i even remember it!" He Exclaimed, Ethan then began to tell a story from his past.

It was around 11 years ago, i was 6 years of age, i was in the local park with my parents when i noticed a young boy around the of 3 crying his little eyes out. I slowly walked over and asked him what was wrong, he said that he had lost his favourite ball in a thorny bush and that he couldn't reach it as it was far too dangerous to go inside of. Being the brave older child that i was asked him which bush it was in, he pointed to the exact one and i went over to it. I carefully reached in and was able to grab the ball and carefully pull it out without touching a single thorn. I walked back over to him and handed him the ball, he was extremly happy to have his favourite toy back and he asked me what my name was. After adressing my own name, he responded with his own "Axel". But then we both heard a man calling for him and saw what looked like his father waving to us, Axel then got up, said goodbye and ran over to him and I ran back to my parents and we all headed for home.