Chapter 23: Meanwhile...

"It's best not to talk about what happend earlier" King Roland Frowned "Let's just try and forget about it", "I sure hope everyone's ok..." Frowned Miranda, "Better them than us..." Added Chernabog. The whole room suddenly went quiet, then Roland raised his eyebrow "What do you mean better them than us?" He Asked seriously, "Oh for the love of" Chernabog Groaned "It means it's better that the people involved in the explosion were injured and not us, we should all be thankful that we are safe". "That doesn't make it any better" Frowned James "NO ONE should have been hurt", "James is right" Said Roland "Yes, we're all thankful that WE weren't harmed, but that doesn't mean it's a happy ending for all", Chernabog Sighed "Then let us head off to bed, we will most likely forget about it in the morning". "Oh before you go, i have big news for you" Replied Roland "Tomorrow in your Royal debut!", "At last!" Smiled Chernabog "I cannot wait to make my presence known, you know... i'd say I complete this family" He Smirked "What with originaly 3 girls and only 2 boys, it's about time both genders became equal around here" Roland and James Chuckled and the girls gave him a playful glare. "Is that so?" Miranda Smirked "Well then, YOU need to be taught a lesson", "Mom's right" Sofia Smirked "Prepare yourself big brother, you're in for a BIG punishment", "Oh, so it is like that is it?" Chernabog Smirked "Very well!" he charged right up to Amber and began tickling her tummy. Amber squealed and laughed with joy "No! not my tummy! get him Sofia!", Sofia then ran up to what she thought was her big brother and tickled his torso, Chernabog wasn't at all ticklish but he began laughing in order to blend in "Oh no you don't!" He Chuckled and he started to tickle her chin, "Ah! mom help!" She giggled in delight. Miranda immidietely dashed over and grabbed his arms and held them behind his head, in this situation Chernabog would have thrown her across the room, but he continued to blend in and carried on playing. Miranda and her daughters quickly pushed him onto the King and Queen's bed, Sofia tickled his under arms while Amber tickled his tummy "I'm not that sensitive you know" Chernabog Chuckled "But try your hardest, it amuses me", "Ok girls, our turn" the King Smirked and he and James ran up and began tickling Miranda and Amber, they both giggled in delight "Rollie don't!" Laughed Miranda. James had a idea, he quickly slipped his twin sister's shoes off and began tickling her toes, Amber laughed hysterically "James stop it! i'm so sensitive there!", "Isn't everyone?" James Smirked back. Chernabog saw everything and had a plan, he quickly slipped Sofia's shoes off and did the same thing, Sofia began laughing hysterically "Ah! not my feet!", "You were saying LITTLE SISTER?" Chernabog Smirked "So soft, so sensitive, these need tickling far more often". He then focused his attention on King Roland who was tickling his wife in a romantic way, "Allow me" He Smirked as he reached for the Queens shoes, "Don't you dare boy!" Miranda Laughed, "Boy? oh Miranda" Chernabog Smiled evily and he quickly began to slip her shoes off. Miranda tried to stop him but Roland joined in and held her arms back "Go for it son!" He Laughed, Chernabog began tickling Miranda's soles and she immidietely laughed hysterically "STOP! DON'T TICKLE ME THERE! I'M TOO SENSITIVE!", "You were saying, mother?" Chernabog smirked, "My, my... how sensitive they are, the way they flinch from the slightest touch". Miranda blushed hard, "PLEASE, STOP!" She Cried, "Ok Ok tone it down a little!" Chuckled Roland "Go easy on her", Chernabog rolled his eyes "Very well" and he stopped tickling the Queen. "Well... I think it's time for bed," Miranda said, trying to catch her breath, "Aw," groaned James, "Why mom? it's only 8pm" Frowned Sofia "We all go to bed at 9", "Well, we have to get up early in the morning to start preparing for your brother's debut ball" Miranda Smiled "EVERYONE is going to be there, all the Royal families, all the greatest musicians, why it'll be the biggest ball we've most likely ever thrown!". "May I ask... are any of the other Royal children as old as me?" Asked Chernabog, "Well there's Prince Axel from the kingdom of Albuquerque who is 14" Replied the King "And then there's Princess Astrid of Freezenburg who has just recently turned 13... and that's it". "Thank goodness... I thought I was going to be stuck in a room filled with noisy children," Sighed Chernabog, "HEY," came a sharp-toned voice, he turned around only to see Sofia, Amber and James giving him a playful glare. He bent down to their level, and smirked, "Well, I don't want to be the only teen at the event now, do I?" He then ruffled James's hair roughly, "Now," he said getting up, "Let's all get a good nights slumber". "Yes," agreed Roland, "Alright, everyone, time for bed." Everyone headed to their own rooms, but Chernabog stood outside on Sofia's balcony, "IN EXCATLY 23 HOURS AND 6 MINUTES, I SHALL RULE THIS WORLD. I SHALL DESTROY EVERY SINGLE SOURCE OF LIGHT LEFT IN EXISTENCE SO HISTORY WILL STOP REPEATING FOR THE REST OF TIME ITSELF," Chernabog said to himself as he looked at the stary sky above, "I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE, WALTER... AND YOU'RE BELOVED CREATIONS WILL NOT SURVIVE THE VERY APOCALYPSE I BRING. THIS. IS. WAR." Just then, he heard one of the glass doors open, "Honey, why are you out here?". He slowly turned around to meet the Queen standing before him, "I was just... looking at the stars, mother," Chernabog said in Ethan's voice, identically, "I don't feel tired". "Okay, well, try not to stay up too late and get the rest you'll need, there's a busy day ahead of us in the morning," she said, and she kissed Chernabog on the cheek and left. The God in human form angirly wiped his left one, "SAVE YOUR LIPS FOR YOU'RE DAUGHTER, WOMAN... FOR TOMMOROW WILL BE THE LAST TIME YOU EVER SEE HER ALIVE."