Chapter 6: "That evening..."

That evening, Ethan emerged from Sofia's Bedroom, dressed in complete Royalty, "Well, here goes nothing" He thought to himself as he traversed the hallways. Once he made it to the dinner table, he was greeted by gasps from the entire family, "My, look at you!" Smiled Roland, "Oh, you look so handsome!" Gushed Miranda, "Cheers" Ethan Smiled in return. "But you don't have a drink in your hand" Replied Sofia "And neither do we", Ethan Chuckled "Cheers is another way of saying 'thanks'", "Oh" Sofia giggled awkwardly. "Take a seat and dig in!" the King Announced, "Finally!" Smiled Ethan "But wait, it's been so long since... whatever, i think i may have forgotten how to work my jaw!" He Joked. Everyone in the room laughed loudly "Your big brother is hilarious!" James Whispered to Sofia, "He sure is!" She Giggled back. Finally the feast arrived, "What in the name of..." Ethan Gasped, "Well what were you expecting? one of my old stews?" His mother Joked, "Actually, yes!" Ethan Smiled sarcasticly, thus making the family laugh again. "Anyway, Chow down time!" He Added, "I'm Starving!" Agreed James, "All boys are" Ethan winked to him and James winked back.

2 Hours Later

"Goodness, i'm full..." Said Ethan sounding weak, "So you should be, all those years gone by and not a single crumb in your stomach...It's a wonder your not a living skeleton!" the King joked. Everyone laughed, "Well, it's getting late kids" Miranda informed "You know what that means", "Yes, mom" Replied the Children. "Oh, Sweetie, could you come with us? There's something me and your... father, need to talk to you about in Private", "Alright?..." Replied a confused Ethan.

5 Minutes Later (In the Kings Bedroom)

"Miranda, i... can't believe you never told me" the King Said softly "I mean... the fact that you had a child, long before Sofia, someone NO ONE ever knew about. And the fact that he's only 18 years younger than you!", "It's a miracle you're even alive" He Said to Ethan. "I know..." the Queen Replied "Anyway..." she put her hand on her son's lap "Is there ANYTHING you can remember before... coming out from that strange wooden container?", Ethan slowly shook his head. "It's okay, we'll do this tomorrow. I think he's in need of some beauty sleep" Said King Roland. "Your Magesties" Announed Bailywick "While myself and the maids took Ethan's old rain coat to be thrown away, THIS fell out" and he presented what looked like the exact same Ruby colored piece of jewelery the Spirit of Enchancia gave to Ethan.

 "Your Magesties" Announed Bailywick "While myself and the maids took Ethan's old rain coat to be thrown away, THIS fell out" and he presented what looked like the exact same Ruby colored piece of jewelery the Spirit of Enchancia gave to Ethan

"Thank you..." Ethan Said cautiously and he took it from Bailywick's grasp and put it on. However, when he did, his eyes glowed in a bright, ruby red color and he collapsed into a kneeling postion, the exact same way a knight would "Ethan!" Cried Miranda, terrified for her oldest child, "Someone do something!" Ordered Roland. At last, Ethan's eyes stopped returned to normal and he rose back to his feet, "I remember... everything" He Gasped. "What, what did you see!?" Exclaimed his mother, there was a long silence, "EVERYTHING" He Replied and began to describe what he rememberd.

Just over 10 years ago, me and father were on the run, and we got lost in a dark forest. However, I spotted a temple nearby and we took shelter there. But then, a bright, blinding light appeared and 7 tall, ghostly beings faded in out of nowhere and they told father that they "Needed me" but he refused, like any other protective father would. Their leader, on the other hand, didn't take too kindly to those words, and he... lifted father up off the ground and pulled me out of his reach! I screamed for him to save me but there was nothing he could do. But then, they all started to sing some sort of lullaby, and that's the last thing i can remember... for a while, as i now remember living some sort of "Normal child's life" for the next 5 years. When i eventually reached the age of 12, my "Training" began, and the Leader of the Spirits was harsh on me whenever i failed. But thankfully, he wasn't always dissapointed in me and at times he was actually... pleased, and that process repeated endlessly for the next 60 months or so. Untill finally, i turned the age i am now... and i officially passed my training, and was given this very object for which i now bear. Lastly, the Spirit Leader said "Now go and live your life in honor and magnificence!"

"And that's... all i can remember" He Finished, The King and Queen just sat there, shocked to the brim. "Oh, my poor baby!" Miranda Cried tearfuly and she hugged him as tightly as she could, "That's... that's the single most heartbreaking story i've ever heard" Gasped Roland "As proud of you as I am, you being brave enough to tell us about it, the kids must never know of it, understand?" and he gave Ethan a serious look, "Yes" Ethan Replied simply "I understand. Well, goodnight" and he slowly left the room, without uttering a another word, or even sound.