Chapter 13: Darkness Aproaches...

At dinner, Ethan asked King Roland what his welcome was going to be like. "It's basicly a huge ball dedicated the male or female of honor, which in this case is you" Roland Explained "Every royal family in the Ever Realm is going to be there to meet you! and SHOULD this... Chernabog ever show up, Cedric and all the other Royal Wizards will be undercover, dressed identicaly to the guests and such. And then they form a magical force field around him, thus trapping him!" Ethan didn't know what to think. "It's worth a try" Sofia Assured him, Ethan knew that thinking negative the whole time would get him nowhere, but he couldn't help but think about his past and what the Spirits of the Ever Realm have truly prepared him for. "Okay" Said Ethan with a small smile and he hugged Sofia, "And if the plan fails, we attack!" Smiled James, "Indeed, but leave it to the guards and mages" Roland told his son. Ethan knew deep down that the guards and mages wouldn't be able to even touch the enemy, but he said nothing. Sofia walked up to him "I've finished, would you mind joining me later?", "How can i say no after a silent period lasting roughly a decade?" Ethan Winked, Sofia giggled "Ok".

5 Minutes Later

Ethan sat in front of the fireplace waiting for his little sister, finally she arrived "I just wanted to talk to you about... something that happend a long time ago"She Said nervously, Ethan raised an eyebrow "What is it? nothing bad i hope", "Yes, it is something bad" Replied Sofia "But don't worry, i'm fine". Ethan felt multiple tears of sweat streaming down his forehead, and it wasn't because he was in front of a blazing fire. "If it's that important, or something you just need to get of your chest, then go ahead" Ethan Replied, "Thanks" Smiled Sofia "Ok, here goes".

It was the day of our Graduation, after the ceremony i recieved a call from Crysta. She told me that Prisma, an evil Crystal Master, had broke out of her cell and she almost stole all of the wicked 9! But thankfully me and Crysta were able to stop her just in time, that is... untill we found out that she had stolen the locket of Vor! Vor was an evil Sorceress who at one point, almost endulged the Mystic Isles in darkness! but she was stopped by the Protectors of the Mystic Isles and trapped in an enchanted locket. But Prisma had somehow freed Vor's spirit from the locket and it took over her body, meaning she now had a body of her own! I flew back to the Mystic Isles and found the Protectors trapped in a force field! They told me that i had to race back home and inform our dad about Vor coming to take over the Ever Realm, and i did just that. However... once i made it home, i found out that our family had been trapped in a tower! but i thankfully got them out, we then made a run for the docks, boarded the royal galleon and set sail. But i refused to lose Enchancia to Vor and i convinced dad and the others to return with me and stop her once and for all. When we made it back, Amber had an incredible idea on how to stop her, another princess was once trapped inside my Amulet and she had the idea of trapping Vor inside it, we made it safely inside, as Amber distracted Wormwood and Twitch, i wished for Vor to be trapped inside my Amulet, but just when she was about to be sucked in... she used her dark magic to grab my leg! Amber tried her best to pull me free but the vortex was just too strong, and just like that... Vor pulled me inside with her. There i was, trapped all alone with her... she used her dark magic against me back but i kept getting back up again and again untill i got knocked down again and saw an illusion of the Fairytale Princesses! it was at that moument i knew, i was the only one who could stop her... i believed in myself and so did they. Just when Vor was about to strike me down, i countered her dark magic with the Bright Light of Goodness from my heart, combining the powers of love, friendship, and magic... i was able to overpower her, and she was defeated! she faded away into nothing and there... was Prisma. She told me what happend and said she was sorry for everything she ever did, Meanwhile... outside my Amulet, Cedric and everyone else i held close to my heart had gathered in a circle in the courtyard and they all helped him use a very special spell that could free me. Prisma and myself appeared in front of everyone and they gathered round and smiled with joy, knowing that i was safe. Primsa was taken back to the Crystel Isles and the Crystel Fairy's explained to dad about what i did, and in the end... i became Protecter of the Ever Realm! and things have been that way ever since.

Ethan just sat there dumbfounded "My little sister... saved our home???", "I sure did" Smiled Sofia. "I'm so proud of you!" he jumped up and spun Sofia in the air, She Laughed with joy as he put her back on the ground, but then he Frowned. "My little sister faces an evil Sorceress, and i can't even man up enough to face... whatever HE is!" Frowned Ethan "I'm supposed to be the brave big brother protecting his little scared little sister, but it seems the tables have turned... for the worse". "Don't say that!" Frowned Sofia "You're brave, big and strong and you know it. ANYONE would be afraid to face this... Chernabog, judging by how afraid you were", "True" Ethan Replied "But that does not help even the slightest in terms of encouragement, you and the family clearly have no idea... what i'm dealing with" He Added. Sofia felt as if nothing could make her big brother feel better "Maybe if you told me about what it is, i might be able to help make you feel better", King Roland had forbidden him not to tell her, James or Amber about his past, but at this point... he just didn't care anymore. "Very well..." Ethan Said softly and he told her the story about what happened after he was abducted by the Guardian Spirits of the Ever Realm.

10 Minutes Later

Sofia felt both emotional and amazed "You were taken and trained by these... Spirits?" She Asked, "Yes" Ethan Replied softly "And that, is where i've been all those years... training. It is down-right terrible that you grew up not having me by your side! and i wish that i had never left... but i had no choice" He Ended sadly. Sofia was pulled into a massive embrace and she wrapped her arms around her big brother's neck "I'm sorry..." He Whispered sadly. Afterwards, Ethan finally decided to head for bed and he held Sofia's hand the whole way there to cheer her up, he tucked her in and ensured her that he would be fine.