Chapter 7: "That night..."

Ethan slowly walked to Sofia's bedroom, all the while muttering the exact same fraise 'Live your life in honour and magnificence' silently over and over again, he wondered if his little sister was fast asleep. But right as he opened the door, she sprang to life. She raced over to him with a huge smile on her face, "My first ever night with my lost brother!" She Whispered excitedly. Ethan went over to her bed and sat down, then Sofia climbed up "So, what should we do? your choice". "No idea" Ethan Replied looking around the room, then he noticed a Ruby Pink neckless around her neck "What's that?" He Asked, "Oh, this?" Sofia Replied "Well... you ARE my big brother, so i guess i can tell you considering almost EVERYONE i know now knows about it". "Tell me what?" Ethan Asked curiously, "It's story" Replied Sofia, Ethan listened closely as Sofia told him the story of the Amulet of Avalor.

10 Minutes Later

"Wait... so THAT amulet, gave you powers in the past?" Ethan Asked "And it once... had a princess trapped inside of it!?", "It sure did" Replied Sofia "My most useful power is the abillity to talk to animals!" She Smiled, "Incredible" Ethan Gasped, Sofia smiled and nodded. "Now, I have something to show YOU" Ethan Smiled and he reached around his shirt's collar, took off the Ruby Chain and showed it to her. "Wow!" She Smiled "It's Ruby Red... just like the Amulet was before Princess Elena got pulled inside of it", "The Amulet was the exact same color before?" Asked Ethan, "That's right" Said Sofia. Suddenly the Ruby Chain and the Amulet both began to glow brightly, Ethan and Sofia were amazed. When the glowing finally ended, both of them were very confused "What in the HELL was that!?" Exclaimed Ethan, "I don't know! this has never happend before" Replied his little sister, "Well whatever it was, let's hope nothing happened, you know what that THING is capable of", "Agreed" Replied Sofia. Eventually they shrugged off what happend, as they were chatting about Sofia's passed adventures, Ethan looked at the foot of the bed and noticed that his little sister wasn't under the bed sheet, thus her bare feet were exposed. Then he hatched a playfull idea, and crawled to the foot of the bed "Where are you going?" Sofia asked curiously. Ethan just gave her a playful smirk and began to tickle her soles. Sofia began laughing "Don't! I'm ticklish!" Ethan then started to tickle her toes, causing her to laugh from her inner core "Not my toes!" She Squealed. The sound of his little sister's laughter was like music to his ears, and he began to feel much better. Finally, his tickling began to slow down and he looked at Sofia, all that hard laughing must have tired her out, because she was already sound asleep. He then got up, walked over to her, and kissed her on the forehead "Goodnight, sweetheart" He Whispered happily.

45 Minutes Later

Ethan tossed and turned on the other side of Sofia's bed,  He let out a big sigh "Why can't i sleep?" He Thought. Finally he gave up, he carefully got out of bed, carefully opened the balcony door and went outside for some fresh air when he saw a beautiful site.

 Finally he gave up, he carefully got out of bed, carefully opened the balcony door and went outside for some fresh air when he saw a beautiful site

"An Aroura borealis!" He Exclaimed quietly, it looked just like the ones he used to see in the Spirit Realm years back. He then began to think about the Spirits, and why they trained him for 5 years strait without reason. "Who even am i anymore?" He Thought to himself as a single tear streamed down his cheek slowly, "What... am i" He Continued "Could i be a failure? i ask myself, or am i simply... only a boy that has yet to mature and grow up?" and more tears began to form in his eyes. "This... thing" he looked at the Ruby Chain "It... reacts to her Amulet, if my thoughts are correct... then that means they are connected to each other...". He finally began to feel tired, so he took off his shirt and shoes so he would feel more comfortable. He then noticed an enchanted chair next to him and it reclined for him, so he sat down and soon fell fast asleep.