Chapter 1: Lost

It was an early morning in Enchancia,  and the Royal Family felt like having a well earned vacation after all that happened during Vor's Invation not too long ago. "What about the Mystic Isles?" Sofia's older step-sister, Amber, suggested, "After all, we've yet to show mom, dad and James, and I'm sure they'll love it!". "I don't know, Amber..." Sofia Replied sheepishly, "Don't you think you might get ahead of yourself and do something you might regret... again?". "Well, then how about the kingdom of Albuquerque? I know a little someone who would love to see you!" Amber Teased. "Amber!" glared James. "What? he would!" Protested Amber, "Young Lady?" King Roland II said in a most firm voice, "OK daddy..." Sighed Amber. "What about the Ancient Forest?" her mother smiled, "I've heard tour guides give tours of it once every year". "Great idea, Miranda!" Smiled the King "I've always wanted to visit there! In fact, I'll go and make the arangments so we can go early". "This is exciting!" Sofia said happily. "You know it is!" replied her mother. "The last time we went to a forest, bad things happend, VERY. BAD. THINGS!" Amber Frowned, "I am NOT looking forward to it". "Don't worry" Sofia said trying to comfort her older sibling "Just remember: THAT was a jungle, THIS is a forest, they're very different" She Added. "If you say so, Sofia..." Sighed Amber, "Oh, don't worry, sweetie" Miranda joined in, "Just imagine a nice, beautiful lake and relaxing under the stary sky",  "That actually does sound rather nice," smiled Amber. "That's the spirit, sis!" smiled James.

5 Days Later

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Roland asked as he entered the driver's seat, "Ready!" his family chorused. "Then let's go!" he smiled in responce. He started up the Cloud Coaster, kicked it into full gear and off they went.

1 hour later

"Alright, where are we honey?!" Roland called over the sound of the wind. "I have NO idea!" Miranda called back. Suddenly there was a loud bang "What was that!?" shouted Roland, the family car began to smoke and spin out of control, Thankfully he managed to give the car a nice soft landing in an opening. Everyone then got out "Where are we?" Asked Miranda, "It's another jungle! get me outta here!" Squealed Amber "Amber, calm down..." Roland said, soothing his daughter, "Like I said earlier, me and your mother will keep you all safe, no matter what". "Ugh, guys?" Sofia interupted, "I don't think this is just another jungle..." Her family walked up to her and they all saw a large, overgrown, stone building. It closely resembled that of an ancient temple, formerly used for daily worship thousands of years ago. Just then, it started to rain down hard, "Excellent find, Sofia!" smiled her father, "We can take shelter in there! Everyone go, quickly!" The Royal Family raced inside the temple's entrance, which was overrun with vines, insencts, small flowers and all other sorts of greenery. "Wow, this IS relaxing" Amber Sighed "A little overgrown, but very beautiful none-the-less... aside from all the bugs..."

"What's that?" asked Sofia, everyone looked at where Sofia was looking and saw what looked like a long golden box. "No clue" replied James. "I haven't the slightest idea," replied Amber. "I'm not sure, but let's not touch it, just in case" said the King. Just then, Sofia's amulet began to glow in a ruby shade of red, something it had not once done before, enlighting the whole room "What was that?" asked James as the light suddenly died down. Sofia slowly raised her head and her eyes were glowing the same color as her amulet, "We have to take this coffin back home with us," she said quickly and urgently.