Chapter 17: Darkness Arrives... Part 3

Sofia and Ethan finally made it back to the castle. Once they entered, they were greeted by the rest of the Royal family looking worried. "Ethan, Sofia where have you two been!?" Frowned Miranda, "We've been worried sick!" Frowned Roland. "Ever so sorry" Ethan apologised "We... had a bit of an argument", "An argument?" King Roland Asked as his face turned serious "what about?". "I'd... rather not talk about it" Ethan said softly, while looking downward slightly. "Well, you have to," the King replied sternly, "I have to know so I can help sort out whatever it is." Sofia looked up at Ethan, who sadly nodded at her, she stepped forward and explained everything in detail.

After 5 minutes of explaining

"You said what!?" bellowed Roland, "Sweetie, how could you!?" cried Miranda, "Y-You don't love daddy!?" Amber frowned, sounding as if she was going to cry. "I took the liberty of forgiving you and gave you a second chance at change after our talk, but it seems you just don't care, do you?!" Roland fumed, "Well, behind these walls I have a saying: Anyone who disrespects my family, disrespects ME!". "I also have a saying..." Ethan Said angrily "I. Don't. Care." Everyone gasped, "What did you just say!?" snarled Roland, Ethan got right in his face, "I DON'T CARE! I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE! HOW DOWNRIGHT DARE YOU TAKE MY MOTHER AND SISTER AWAY FROM ME! JUST BECAUSE MY FATHER IS GONE, CLEARLY DOESN'T MEAN YOU JUST HELP YOURSELF TO A GRIEVING WIDOW! AND FOR THAT, I COMEPLETELY. FUCKING. DESPISE YOU! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER, AND THAT... IS FINAL. Sofia, mother, we're leaving." He slowly turned around and walked towards the door. "Ethan..." said a small, but firm voice, he turned around and looked at who the voice was coming from, "Sister, please... HE'S the problem here, we have to leave this... hell", "No, we don't" Miranda said through angry tears, "We belong here, and so do you". "Mother," Ethan said angrily, "The only place we belong is the bloody shoe shop! Like where we're MENT to be living!". "Enough!" demanded Roland, "Go to you're sister's room and stay there!". "THE HELL I-" Ethan Roared, but then noticed his little sister looking up at him with tears in her eyes, "Ethan... please stop..." Ethan instantly felt heartbroken, he slowly kneeled down to her level "I... I cannot be apart of this anymore..." He slowly closed his eyes, "I scared my younger sibling... and nearly scarred her for life after telling her of my indescribable previous years," he gasped softly, "It's true... I was never ment to be discovered... especially by you." The whole hallway went silent, King Roland began to see the sadness and pain in his eyes and let go of his rage, and quickly replaced it with sorrow. "You can't bring my father back, and you will NEVER replace him..." Ethan glared the King in the eyes, he then looked at Miranda and Sofia who looked like they were about to tear up once more, "If you two won't return to the village with me... then so be it," he sobbed. He grabbed his trench coat and ripped it apart instantly, much to everyone's horror, before staring the King down. "The one who ruled this kingdom before you... was the one who forced father and I to run away and never look back. Once I track down the old bastard and end him... I'm coming for you... and you ONLY," he growled darkly. James had finally reached his limit, and burst into tears; his tried to run up to his step-brother, only to be held back by his father, "No, please! Don't do this..." It hurt him deeply, but the older teen just couldn't take anymore drama, and promtly ignored him. He kneeled down to Sofia's level once more, and stared into her beautiful, young, tear-filled blue eyes. "I will... be back" and he gave her a small smile, "I'm not leaving, I'm just... going somewhere, to calm down... and think". "Don't be long... okay?" Sofia told him tearfuly. "I'm not the best at promises... but I assure you, I'm NOT leaving our home," he replied, giving her a small smile; yet, deep down he knew... he wasn't telling the truth. He pulled her in for one final hug and their mother came over and joined them, she looked Ethan in the eyes, "My baby boy..." she smiled faintly, "Mummy..." Ethan frowned tearfuly. He then turned towards his little sister with a single tear slowly traveling down his cheek "Goodbye... my little amethyst," before turning round, and bolting out the main entrance and out into the courtyard.

"Someone, stop him!" ordered King Roland. A few guards gave chase, and began searching all over the place, but, within just seconds, they were unable to locate the runaway teen. "Sir, the boy has dissapeared!" a guard informed, "He couldn't have gone far, check the entire castle if you have to!" demanded the King, "Yes, Your Highness!" the guards replied in unison. "Mom..." sobbed Sofia, "Shhhhh... it's gonna be alright, honey" her mother assured, still overflowing with emotion.

Ethan had hidden behind a corrner out of sight, tears were beginning to stream down his face, he knew deep down... he was too dangerous to be around, and that he was no longer needed in his family tree. He started to make his way across the bridge, brushing off any guardsmen who tried to stop him, back into the village he once called home. "I was never ment to watch her grow up... I just need to face it, I'm no big brother!" he sobbed in pure rage. Ethan was on the verge of a complete breakdown, "Maybe the previous King was right all along, people like me are needless in a kingdom filled with nothing more then an endless supply of magic!"

After 2 whole hours of walking through Dunwiddie and Somerset, he finally made out of Enchancia, and onto a hillside nearby. "Finally..." He Gasped "I'm... free! Free to get out of here and finally find purpose..." Ethan was starting to go insane "Now... that... all powerful being will NEVER destroy my home in search of me! He'll just have to continue the silent hunt untill he tracks me down... and erases me from mere existance..." Ethan then pulled himself together, and began walking north... in search of his lost father.

Meanwhile

"Any luck, rollie?" Asked a tearful Miranda, "I'm afraid not honey..." Frowned Roland "He's just... gone". "Don't say that daddy!" Sobbed Amber, "That's impossible!" Exclaimed James. "My big brother... left me... again" Sobbed Sofia and she began to cry louder then ever before "I WANT HIM TO COME BACK!" She Cried, "PLEASE BRING HIM BACK DADDY!" Cried Amber, "I'M NEVER BELIEVING HE'S GONE! NEVER!" Cried James. Roland couldn't help but feel terrible, all the children including their mother sobbed as they all group hugged. "Well" the King Sighed "I think it's an early night for all of us, but i promise i'll let all of you know the moment i hear anything" Everyone sadly agreed and went to their rooms. However... a dark something had been watching from the shadows, and was pleased at what it had seen, it slowly faded away into thin air in search of something, or someone...