Chapter Twenty-Nine

Felicia

They'd secured the first three blocks across from the stadium. Moving up another block, there were a few more walkers moving about.

"Clear the street on this corner," Tris shouted.

Killing another walker, Felicia moved fast to cover someone else's back. "Hey. Stay close." The man was flustered by the amount of walkers, nearly pivoted back toward the Stadium two blocks down. Felicia shoved him again. "Don't think about it." She was warning him.

For every five walkers they killed, several more moved around the corner.

"Hey." Tris ran to the middle of the street. They hadn't cleared the first corner half of the block yet. "Everyone merge together," Tris roared. She ran to Elene who was grabbed by the shirt by a walker, slicing half its head off before it could take a bite. Elene shuddered and thanked Tris with eye contact. "Remove that loose clothing," Tris advised her, and came to Madison, guiding Brennon to now stay close to her mom.

"What are you going to do?" Patrick, stabbed another in the head. "They keep coming."

"I'm going to lead them away," Tris said.

"We don't split up, remember?" Patrick argued.

"Unless if there is a plan in motion and is necessary," Tris said. "I can't take anyone with me. You won't keep up. We need to space them outside. Still have possible zombies in the plaza the stood next too."

"Go," Felicia shouted, using an hatchet to stab another. "Just hurry back."

There were more walkers moving around the corner in small five team herds. The sun cooked them well, like spoiled meat roasting outside. Everyone huddled together, dependent on watching each other's backs. Christian tripped over one the men who was training, foot as the man staggered backward from two walkers gaining up on him. Air sucked out of Felicia's lungs, one of the walkers, dropping to its dead knees to take a bite from Christian's ankle.

Felicia screamed. "Madison," and pointed.

Twisting around, Madison followed Felicia's line of finger, finding Christian on his back. The walker lunged to pierce its teeth into Christian's leg, inches from his flesh as a knife impaled into the walkers skull.

Christian eyes widened, startled from nearly being bitten. Madison came up, taking out the second walker and pulling the knife out of the first walkers skull. Tris ran up holding her hand out, expecting her knife back.

Several more walkers appeared and they all killed them together. When it was over, Tris studied the man who caused her brother to trip. Her brows furrowed, contemplating beating the shit out of the man.

"I'm sorry," the man went up to Christian, checking to make sure he was all right. "I got scared and stepped back prematurely.

Gritting teeth, Tris hands shook wanting to kill him. Rage was boiling over, lack of air strangling her thoughts. "If my brother had been bite." Her tone was rough.

Felicia walked up, brushing her fingers down Tris face. "It was an accident."

Her eyes burned and Tris could imagine rip into his flesh. She snarled and turned away. "God damn it."

"It was an accident," Patrick stepped up to defend him. "David is as cool as they come."

Madison held her hand out. "Please. Tris doesn't care what you have to say right now."

"What's wrong with her?" Patrick asked, inquisitive.

"She's pissed," Christian answered. "I'm okay. And he isn't missing any limbs, so let's just give everyone a minute."