Chapter One

Note...book was written over 6 years ago! No edits have been made
Enjoy!

Tris

   "You are strong. Smart and will not break. You...will not break. You will not break." I kept chanting those words like a meditation session that was obviously not working. Eyes on the mirror, I was about half ready to smash it. I studied myself taking in a deep sigh.

"Who are you kidding? You like to eat raw flesh. You're eyes change to the color of egg yolk, which I use to enjoy eating and never will again. You day dream about killing. You're fucked up." I pursed my lips. "I also have two gorgeous woman who equally want me." I gave a half shrug. "I have an awesome little brother and two little girls; Kylie and Katheryn who think I'm the coolest."

   My frown reappeared. "Madison's daughter, Brennon hates me." I turned on the faucet rinsing off my face. "Bright side...I still have my charming looks and personality."

   I nodded to myself ready to walk out of the motel restroom. We found a motel abandoned with not even one Walker in sight. Seemed too good to be true. Yep. But I wasn't going to investigate extra rooms when I didn't need to. Realistically I should. Never know what I might find.

   "You hiding?" Felicia opened the door to the bathroom closing it behind. Her arms slid around my waist, resting her chin against the back of my shoulder. She held me firmly, kissing my neck. "How are you feeling?"

   "Well as expected." I turned my eyes from the mirror. "Just thinking about tomorrow."

   For the last few days I'd been avoiding being alone with Felicia and I didn't understand why. 

   "What about it?"

   Okay I lied and was hoping she wouldn't ask beyond that. "Umm...how interesting it will be."

   Felicia brow arched. "You don't have to lie."

I stared at Felicia as if she'd said something bizarre. "What? I'm not lying. I would never." I put my hand on my chest for special emotional effects.

Felicia rolled her eyes. "Sometimes, I wonder about you."

"You signed up for this." I waved my hands down the length of my body.

In response, Felicia shoved me into the sink. "You are so arrogant sometimes."

"Yep."

Felicia leaned in for a kiss. I grabbed her hand. "We should get back out there."

"Really?" Felicia looked very pissed. "Why do you keep avoiding..."

"Because I need to keep you all safe."

"Is that all it is?" Felicia asked.

I looked at her, leaning against the sink. I wouldn't lie. I cared about Felicia but things were becoming clearer. If Felicia and Madison didn't make something happen between them, I'd have to choose. That scared me. "I don't know."

She walked out.

Being ignored was natural. I welcomed it. But I cared about Felicia and this sucked. Strolling back in the room, all eyes were on me as if I'd done something morally wrong.

   Tossing my arms out I was quite tired of everyone's bickering. "What now?"

   "Are you seriously going to make everyone sleep in the same room with only two beds when there is clearly more rooms available?" It was Madison who was now focused on making me want to hide back in the bathroom.