Chapter Six

Felicia

The wait put all our anxiety to a new level. It been twenty minutes and Kylie and Katheryn's uncle was a no show. The girls continued to pace, staring off in multitude directions.

"Maybe he was held up," Madison whispered to Tris, peeking down at the girls.

Arms crossed, I watched more patient than everyone, leaning into a light pole. I needed some mental distance after the Madison and Tris ordeal. My nerves had been pinched and I was annoyed about the whole day.

Tris held her hand up. "Quiet everyone."

I pulled away from light pole, taking a few steps. Madison looked to Tris waiting for a signal. We all hated the anticipation. Blood rushed through my veins as my heart rate accelerated.

A loud pop came from an unknown direction. We all knew it wasn't firecrackers.

"Get in the car," Tris shouted. "It's a herd."

Everyone scrambled to the police car and ambulance ready to take off when a truck hurled our way. The truck bounced off the street pavement in midair, slamming back to the ground a few seconds later. The braves skidded the tires, the burning of rubber stinging our noses.

"Uncle," the girls screamed out in unison. Katheryn opened the police door.

"Just follow me," The uncle ordered.

All in the car, we followed his speed racing skills several blocks before heading down a more rural area. There were a lot more trees, and less homes crowding each other.

"Keep your eyes open," Tris muttered.

I nodded.

He stopped up ahead, a double black gate opening. He went through quickly as we followed behind. The house was huge and Mediterranean structured. The house front door opened, a woman who appeared late thirties stepped out.

The uncle dismounted his excessively large truck, rushing to our police car. The girls jumped out, running and meeting him halfway.

"You found us," Kylie cheered.

The uncle had light brown hair with a masculine build. He looked late Thirties. A light build formed around his face. He dropped to his knees, holding both of them. He pressed a kiss to both their cheeks.

I smiled happy for the girls as we all stood outside our cars. His eyes darted to us and i took a step back, suddenly afraid.

"Go to your auntie, " he told his nieces.

They looked from us to their uncle but listened. A young man stepped out. He appeared in his early teens, carrying a crossbow. We stood still, unsure of what provoked the uncle.

"I am--"

Before Tris could finish speaking, the uncle pulled out a knife, flinging it a few feet my direction. Tris was ready to lunge at him when they realized who he targeted. The woman who'd been with us, dropped to her knees, knife lunged in her skull. She blinked once, before falling lifeless.

He pulled another knife, in a secret compartment known of us noticed before.

"Hey. Hey." Tris held both hands up, positioning herself between all of us. "She was the only one affected."

"How do I know this?" He sneered.

"Does it look like we knew her?" Tris waved her arm around. "No one is shedding a tear. We only picked her up today. Wanted to give her a more peaceful way of dying than being further ripped apart." Tris took a few steps back, causing us to do the same.