Chapter Ten

From my Published book to you all: Acknowledgement :I would like to thank my awesome editor at Triplicity, for being patient with me.I know Tajel and Arianna weren't easy to deal with neither. Also to those who continuously told me to quit my day job and publish a book. I did it! So if you are a fan of me, spread my book, I Belong With Her, which you can find on Amazon, please!

One day soon, none of my books will be on Wattpad, and you'll miss out on following me on my journey as a careered Published author!

Tris

We'd been on the farm for the last three days. It'd been pretty exhausting lately, driving place to place. It was good to settle for a moment and breathe clean non zombie air. I knew this was temporary. But everyone deserved a break from the drama of being in unexpected areas. The thought of wrestling zombies did not appeal to me.

Staring off to the sun, I wondered how many people were doing the same and wondering where they'd be next. This life had been unexpected and thrown into our lives. Either you had to learn to adapt or die some way or another. I preferred not to die. Though if not for my weird genetics, I'd be dead. I was lucky.

Felicia snaked her arms around me, resting her hands down near my pelvis. She stood at my backside, chin atop my shoulder.

"I've missed you these last few days." I placed my hand atop hers. There'd been a lot of distance in Felicia since we were here.

"Are you healed up?" Felicia asked. She ran her hand lightly up my side.

I twisted, grabbing Felicia's hand to end her filling me up. "You're trying to distract me." I arched a brow.

Felicia lowered her head, avoiding my eyes. "I needed mental space."

"Why?"

"Why?" Felicia snorted. "Because." she waved her hand out toward the house. "I want to jump into this. But I don't trust it."

"You don't trust that Madison is sincere by her intentions," I cleared. I didn't want to be too subjective and be open to all Felicia's thoughts.

"No, I don't. All she's been preaching is you and her. I've never been an option. And suddenly she's interested in trying."

"Whatever conversation happened between her and Brennon made her realize something inside herself. I know Madison and she would never compromise herself. Not even for me." I cupped her cheek. "Don't hesitate now. We are finally getting to a point in our relationship we both been waiting for."

"You more than me. I like her. I want to develop something with all three of us together. I only need to know if she is serious. I don't tend to offer my heart out for a doomed sacrifice." Felicia rolled her eyes, shrugging her shoulders. "We'll see."

Madison walked out onto the porch and Felicia turned her head away, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm going to go for a walk." Felicia grabbed her gun from the porch bench, walking off.

I massaged both ends of temple, wishing for a better transition into this newly begun relationship. It was going to die before it even started.

"I'll go talk to her," Madison said.

I arched a brow. "Maybe you should give her space."

"Though, I have not taken the chance to get to know her in an intimate way. But, we have gotten to know another as friends."

"Fair enough." I waved her off. "You two be careful."

Felicia

I walked around the back of the house. It was surprising to find chicken running about. Being that there was frozen food in the house, there was no need to go catching them. The was a bunch a bushes further out, but the land was fenced all around. We were secure enough for me to feel comfortable and walk about alone. I needed to reevaluate my place. If this attempt at a poly relationship failed, it would make for awkward days.