Haunted prt 12

" Sebastian"! I screamed as I was engulfed under the numbing ice cold water, it felt like pins against my entire body. All that was around me was darkness and silence and I thrashed around my arms and legs trying to get my head to reach air. My body suddenly decided to stop working and I became still and started to sink and the water got darker and my eyes grew heavier.... My eyes burst open as I sit up and look around my dark room, I'm breathing heavily as I sit there trying to collect my dream in my head. My first thought went to when I was 6 and has almost drowned. Why would I be dreaming of that when I don't even remember what happened? Maybe it was just a dream? And who is Sebastian? But what if it was a memory? Ugh I don't feel like getting into weird vision dreams right now when every thing was going to be normal again. I look over to my window but see no light. I wonder what time it is? I throw my blankets of me and gently throw my legs slowly over my bed. My bare feet touch the cool floor as I stand up and start walking in almost pitch darkness with only the moon shining through my window as light, as I walk I see my reflection in mirror and could make out my dark purple and black plaid pajama pants and my black tank and my hair still straight and not even bothered by sleep. I walk down my stairs and through my entertainment room and down the long hallway. I finally reach the stairs and walk down them slowly being careful to not trip. I reach the bottom and turn right and walk over to a hallway, where am I going? I walk almost blindly down it until coming to a stop in front of a door. Wait, Mason's room? Why did I come here? I guess I want to talk to him? I slowly extend my hand for his door but stop and put my hand back at my side. What will he think of me going to his room at some random time in the morning? I take a step back but and turn to walk away when his door creaked open, I pause and slowly turn back around to see a shadowy looking figure, Mason, but I can still see a bit of his eyes? "Katherine"? he asked with sleep in his voice. Ummm what do I do? "um yeah" nice Katherine..... "What are you doing"? he asked, "Um nothing, I'll um go" I said quickly and turned to leave when his voice stopped me in my tracks. "wait, whats wrong"? I turned around again "ah nothing just a dream..." I mumbled. "You can stay here for a bit if you need to" he said after a short pause. He's inviting me to stay in his room?! :D "um thanks" I said as he backed into his room and I followed, he turned on his light and stretched and my eyes widened as I saw what he was shirtless and wearing dark blue sweats. He is kind of pale which oddly made his slightly musclely arms and stomach look hotter, his hair was a bit messed up from sleep which made him look cute. Wait what am I thinking? He suddenly smiled at me " take a picture it last longer" L he noticed me looking, I snapped my head away from him "wow never heard that one before" I said sarcastically. I looked back to see him shut his door and walk over to his bed and take a quilt off of it along with one of the two pillows and make a mini bed on the floor below his. What is he doing? He looked over at me, "make yourself comfortable" he said as he laid on the mini bed. What? "um I won't be here that long" I argued, he sat up and raised and eyebrow "ok maybe I will but.. Why don't I take the floor"? I asked as I walked towards him but he raised his hand " How rude would I be if I made my guest sleep on the floor"? he asked, "fine" I knew I couldn't argue so I hopped into his surprisingly comfortable bed and laid down. "so what was your dream about"? I heard Mason ask, I roll over so I'm looking down at him and see he is laying down looking up at me. "well it was about something that happened to me a long time ago but I don't even what fully happened" he looked expressionless but like I could tell him anything. "What was it"? he asked, " Well when I was little I fell into the pond out back" his expression didn't change like he was thinking " and I dreamed how I was under the water before I blacked out" I continued with my eyes never leaving his face. "Maybe it was a memory coming back" he said. Then I was right? "It just bothers me" I mumbled, "Don't think about it too much, it was just a dream after all" he said. "I know" I said in an annoyed voice. He laughed quietly " Then don't worry, everything happens for a reason. So maybe that memory will come in handy soon" he said kindly. I rolled my eyes at what he had said and rolled over. I could leave now... but I kind of like being here, it made me feel... safe? But it kind of scared me that I wish he was next to me then on the floor. I suddenly got tired and too comfortable and didn't even care if the light was on I fell asleep.

After I blow dried my hair and it was in its normal style I has my black skinny jeans and red t-shirt on as I tied my high top black converse and grabbed my backpack and black sweat shirt and was quickly walking to school. I was going to be late! Stupid Mason was gone when I woke up and my parents were already gone and Miss Flower was already taking Olivia out for breakfast. I had to walk the 15 minutes to school today because Regy was already there and so was Jason. It was kind of cold out for September with frost on the grass as I walked the lonely sidewalk. This town barely had any people and not many houses and where there were houses they had long driveways so I was completely alone. Why is it always me that has to be alone? Especially with those children spirits trying to kill me! Ugh. I continued walking until I heard light footsteps behind me. Oh no. I stopped and turned. Surprise, surprise it's a little girl! "hi lady" she said timidly, she has straight blonde hair that was pretty long with bangs that went across her forehead and ended below her eyebrows she had plain blue eyes and was wearing a pink dress that touched her feet and she had white frilly socks and black flats and a white jacket with black buttons going up it, maybe she wasn't a ghost? She didn't seem as evil as the others. "Hi sweetie" I said as she looked up at me through her long eyelashes. " I can't find my mommy" she said sadly. Wait a missing child? "What does she look like"? I asked as I put my hands on my knees to make it so I was closer to her height. " I don't know" she whispered. Huh? She doesn't know? Or is she just nervous? "When did you last see her"? I asked. "never" she whispered again. What? She lifted her head, "don't tell" she said. A ghost? " Don't tell who"? I asked with my voice a bit shaky. "This is our secret" she whispered as she put her ice cold hand on my cheek. My eyes became blurry as if only she and I were still but the world around us was moving in a blur. Suddenly it stopped but we weren't on the side walk anymore. We were in a room, the room was white and there were children in it. The children were playing and laughing with the small toys that were on the wooden floor. I stood up straight and looked at the little girl, "Where are we"? I asked. She just looked at me with no smile "home" and a little boy ran up to her smiling "come play" he said, "ok" she responded smiling. I just stood in this odd large room with about 20 children looking from 5 to about 10. I have a really weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Two children ran past me, probably playing tag, but they didn't even notice me. I walked up to a little boy sitting on the floor playing with small wooden cars and reached to touch his shoulder but my hand went right through him! Whats going on!? I jumped back and stood in the back of the room, I have to get back. Where did the little girl go? I looked around but didn't see her when the door creaked open. I looked over to see a man with white pants and shirt and a white mask over his mouth. Who is he? I looked to see the children freeze. The man walked over to a little boy with blonde hair who looked to be 5 or 6 and grabbed his hand. Something is not right. That little boy shouldn't go with that man! Wait.... I looked behind me to see large windows.......this is the asylum! But there isn't anything wrong with these kids! Why are they here? The man was walking towards the door when the little boy turned his head around and looked directly at me and his eyes were..... Black? Completely black. His expression wasn't fearful but empty. I ran towards the boy, he can't go with that man! The man opened the door as I reached out my hand...."Katherine........ Katherine"! Suddenly the room was spinning as I froze in place. Everything was spinning............ Then I came to a stop and opened my eyes which were apparently closed. "Katherine" I heard a familiar voice call. Suddenly it was like reality came back to me and I stood up straight and looked towards the voice to see Miss Flower in her car parked next to the sidewalk. "you ok"? she asked concerned. "ah yeah" she didn't seem convinced. "Its 7:35, your going to be late for school. Want a ride"? she asked, "sure" I said smiling. I walked over to the passenger side and hopped in. "Kathwin"! Olivia yelled from the back seat. "Hi Olivia" I said as I turned my head to smile at her. I buckled my seat belt as Miss Flower started the car. "haha maybe one day I'll get my license, that is if they didn't make it so you had to be 18 to have it here" I said trying to change the subject. "What were you doing"? She asked with her eyes never leaving the road. "what do you mean"? I asked trying to act dumb. "you were leaned over on the sidewalk that's what I mean" she said with a bit of attitude I've never heard from her. "I was zoning out... you know how I am" I replied acting like nothing happened and looked out the window. "you better be careful.... That 'zoning' might get you into some real trouble one of these days" I didn't respond as we pulled up in front of the large school. I looked as a few other late people ran and walked through the glass doors. "thanks for the ride" I said as I unbuckled my seat belt and got out and shout the door. I started towards the entrance. What just happened? Was I just taken back in time? Or in a vision? I need to talk to mason about this but wait....."don't tell" "This is our secret" the little girls words echoed through my head as I opened the door. Maybe I won't tell. Something inside is yelling at me not to. Maybe I can get more information about the children if I keep our secret. Maybe I can even solve this myself with out having to go back there! Yes! I will!