Jughead nudges Betty, "Tonight after the dance, I'd like to talk to you about something. It has to do with my dad." He said.

Betty looks at him with concern, "Is everything okay?"

Jughead nods with a small smile, "Yeah, actually, things are great. Better than they've been in a while. I just kind of wanna figure something out together." He said.

Betty saw Cheryl, "Mmm-hmm," Betty noticed her sister not there, "Will you be okay alone here for a second?"

Jughead nods, "I think I should be fine."

Betty smiles, "I'll be right back." She said.

At this point, Cheryl had wormed her way over to Peter and his friends. Liz was finishing up on selfies and was handing the phone over to Flash. As Betty approached the group of friend -- both Peter and Betty made eye contact for a brief moment.

"Cheryl?" Betty asks.

Cheryl barely acknowledges her, "Hey." She then rolls her eyes.

Betty looks around the small group, "Where's Polly?" She asks concerned.

"She's fine," Cheryl says now looking at Betty, "She sugar-crashed and canceled at the last minute, leaving me high and dry, which is why I'm never doing anything nice for anyone ever again."

The group of friends all looked at each other and then to Cheryl. Cheryl turns from Betty to Peter.

"Well maybe unless I like them," She said turning back to Betty, "Excuse me."

Cheryl walked off -- leaving the group and Betty. Peter looks at Betty and she does the same. A party dance song came on, Liz grabbed Michelle's arm to drag her to the dance floor -- as well as Flash.

"Pete, you coming?" Ned asks.

Peter smiles, "I'm gonna get a drink," He says, "I'll dance to the next song."

Ned nods and heads off. Leaving Peter with his ex girlfriend -- Betty.

Betty and Peter stood on the side for a moment, Betty was scouting for Jughead -- and noticed his talking to Archie.

"Um- I never apologized for the party," Peter said, "About Cheryl and-."

Betty turns to him, "Peter, you have nothing to apologize for. If anything, I'm the one who should be sorry."

He looks at her.

"You confessed your feelings towards me, and opened up about some personal things- and yet I cheated on you. Something, I felt like I was never going to do." Betty said.

Peter nods his head and looks down for a moment, "If it makes you feel better- I never thought you'd do that, either." He said.

Betty nods but it was awkward.

"I mean- I still care about you, Betty. I really do." He said now looking at her.

Betty looks at him, "I know." She said looking at the floor, "I care about you too."

Peter placed his hands in his pockets and sighed, "Sometimes I wished I never confessed but then- I'd be the Peter who was afraid of rejection."

Betty looks at him.

"The Peter who never thought he could never compete with anyone else," He shuffled his feet, "My dad, Archie, Jughead, everyone. I just thought all I'd be was Cheryl's rag doll."

Betty held a small smile, "You're more than that." She said, "I know it. Ned knows it. Michelle knows it. And I'm certain your parents know it."

Peter nods and looks at her, "Yeah,"