20

I wake up at the sound of my phone buzzing rapidly. I roll over on my side grabbing my phone off my bed stand. I squint at the bright screen to see messages from Zendaya

Zendaya:
We need to talk.

Zendaya:
I'm coming to pick you up.

Zendaya:
I'll be there in 10.

Normani:
okay...

I bite my lip hesitantly before throwing my covers off my body and climbing out of bed. I quickly start getting dressed not caring what I put on.

This talk with Zendaya is either going to really bad or really well, and it going well is not really on my side considering how everything went down.

I grab my backpack off the ground and fling it around my shoulder before heading downstairs. I walk into the living room to see Andrea reading from her iPad while sipping her coffee.

She turns to look at me as she takes off her reading glasses. We both just look at each other in silence.

"Hey" I say quietly. Andrea weakly smiles.

"Hi" Outside a honk is heard letting me know Zendaya is here.

"I gotta go" I state. She nods.

"Right right" She grabs her reading glasses of the table and places them back on. "Have a good day" I nod before walking out the front door.

I close the door and turn to see Zendaya's car. I take a deep breath before walking over and getting in the passenger seat. We both look at each other before looking straight forward.

She starts to pull out of the driveway and soon we're on the road sitting in complete silence. I hear my phone buzz in my back pocket and quickly unlock it.

Dinah Jane:
how's my girl doing on this wonderful morning??

I smile slightly before playfully rolling my eyes.

Normani:
Not your girl, and fine. I'm actually in a car with Zendaya, believe it or not

Dinah Jane:
not yet Mani, not yet

Dinah Jane:
and really? in the car together? how's that going?

Normani:
well so far we've said nothing to each other so it's pretty awkward

Normani:
I'll talk to you later. We're pulling up at a Starbucks

Dinah Jane:
peace Princess 👑

Zendaya parks in front of the Starbucks and turns off the car.

"I figured we could talk over some coffee" She states. I nod before grabbing my wallet and getting out of the car. We walk inside and we both start to order. As I'm about to pay, Zendaya hands the cashier her card. "I got it"

I nod again, not want to rely on my voice. We receive our coffees and find seats next to one of the windows. I sip my iced coffee while Zendaya stirs hers.

"Lauren and I had a huge fight" I raise my eyebrow.

"Huh?" Zendaya sighs.

"The night I hooked up with Dinah, Lauren and I had a huge fight. I know that doesn't give the right to go and cheat on her but it wasn't like our usual arguments Mani. It was so bad I thought we were going to break up and I was just a hot mess" Zendaya states. "As soon as Dinah and I did it, I regretted it immediately"