17

I skipped school yesterday since it was Friday and I just couldn't bare the sight of Lauren or Zendaya at the moment, but I knew I need to fix what I did with Dinah.

Normani:
are you free to meet up somewhere?

Dinah:
I have to babysit my siblings.

Normani:
can i come over to your house then? I would really like to talk...

Dinah:
sure.

I quickly slide out of my bed and put on some sweatpants and a tank top. I walk downstairs to see my mom on the couch reading a magazine.

"Hey honey? Where are you going?" She says looking up.

"A friend's house" I state. She places her magazine down on the coffee table and looks at me.

"I hope it's not that Dinah girl's house" I raise my eyebrow.

"And what if it is? Why does it matter to you?" I cross my arms.

"Lauren has told me a little bit about the girl and none of them were good things" She says crossing her legs. I roll my eyes.

"Well Lauren doesn't like Dinah so I suspect that" I retort.

"I just don't think you should hang around a bad influence" I scoff.

"A bad influence? Mom, Dinah isn't a bad influence in any way. Maybe you should meet the girl before you start judging her" I grab the dog leash from the counter and whistle calling Aspen. I bend down and attach the leash to his collar before standing up. "Enjoy your magazine"

I walk towards the front door and outside. I lead Aspen to the car and open the passenger seat letting him climb in. I throw the leash inside and shut the door making my way to the Driver's side.

I quickly turn the ignition and pull out of the drive way through our house gates. I glance at Aspen whose wagging his tail and looks like he's having the time of his life. I smile before turning up the music on the radio and focusing on the road.

-

I pull up to Dinah's house and park on the side of the street. I grab Aspen out of the passenger seat and shut the door before making my way to the Hansen front door.

I knock three times before backing away, waiting for someone to open up. After about five minutes, I'm about to walk away when the door swings open to Dinah with a child on her hip.

Lots of footsteps, screaming, and crying are coming from inside the house as Dinah stands in front of me out of breath.

"Did I come at a bad time? Should I come back later?" I ask nervously. She shakes her head adjusting the kid on her hip.

"I don't think you coming back later would change the amount of screaming" She gestures to inside the house.

"I like your dog" The little boy on her hip says. I smile at him.

"Thank you. Do you wanna pet him?" I ask. He looks at Dinah and she nods placing him on the ground. He immediately moves to Aspen and begins petting him.

"You can come in. Just walk Aspen inside and Seth will follow" She says before turning and walking inside the house.

I lead Aspen inside and Seth does indeed follow keeping his eyes glued on the dog. I shut the door and bend down unhooking Aspen's leash from his collar. I place his leash on a counter and walk inside towards the living room.

Dinah is picking up a bunch of clothes and toys everywhere, placing stuff in certain spots. Her hair is in a very messy bun and her eyes are pretty red.