48

I slowly shift awake and open my eyes to see Keith putting a shirt on across the room while sitting on his bed. I glance around the room and notice I'm in his and Zayn's room.

"How did I get in here?" I sit up leaning back on my elbows. Keith turns and looks at me as he adjusts his shirt.

"Oh, um, Zayn didn't want you sleeping on the couch after last night so he picked you up after you fell asleep, because he knew you would protest about it, and moved you in here" Keith smiles.

"He knows me well" I sigh sitting up against the headboard. Keith chuckles and nods leaning against the dresser with his arms crossed. "I'm sorry about screwing up your friend group" Keith waves his hand away like it's nothing.

"Our friend group had issues way before you guys joined. If anything, it just got more amplified"

"Still... I'm sorry" I state.

"Don't be" Keith pushes off the dresser and makes his way to the door. He opens it but turns and looks at me. "She does love you, ya'know? More than anything. It's just going to take time and effort" He smiles before walking out and shutting the door.

I groan slamming my head on my pillow. Why do I always have to screw up everything good in my life? Just, why?

The door opens to Zayn walking in with a plate of food and a glass of Orange juice in his hand. He closes the door behind him with his foot.

"Good morning sunshine" He says placing the food next to me on the bedside table.

"Zayn, you didn't have to do this, and that includes carrying me to your bed last night while you slept on the couch" I state.

"You had a rough night yesterday Mani. I wasn't going to leave you like that" He places the Orange juice on the table as well.

"Yeah, well, I deserved it so" Zayn sits on the bed near my feet.

"Don't say that"

"Zayn, I let the girl who I still have feelings for's best friend give me head just so I could get even, when there was no need to get even because she didn't do anything" I say. Zayn looks at me silently.

"I didn't say it wasn't fucked up" He jokes. I groan covering my face with the covers. He chuckles pulling them down. "Hey, you're gonna push through kid" He leans forward and kisses my forehead.

"Why is everyone being so damn nice?"

"Because we all make mistakes Mani, and we love you no matter what. Through think and thin baby" He smiles. "Now eat up!" He jumps up off the bed.

"Fine fine" I grab the plate of food and begin digging in.

"Oh, also, apparently Dua flew back in town earlier because her great grandpa wanted to go party or something so she flies in today" Zayn points out. I swallow my food quickly.

"Wait, what?"

-

"Whaddup bitches!" Dua yells walking through the front door of the house with her suitcases and a backpack on. Vanessa squeals jumping off the couch and running over to Dua pulling her into a big hug.

I bite my nails and bring my knees to my chest not knowing whether to go over and welcome her or not. I mean, I did hook up with her girlfriend. Dua releases Vanessa from the hug and walks into the living room. She walks behind the couch behind me and bends down to kiss my right cheek.

"Hello Mani!" She stands back up and looks around the house. "Where is everyone?" She asks Vanessa.

"We're coming, we're coming" Ally walks out of the kitchen with Keith, Zayn, and Lauren behind her. Ally smiles and walks over to Dua pulling her into a hug. "It's good to have you back"