39

I'm sitting in the food court of the mall with Zendaya as Lauren and Kehlani are somewhere getting us food. Dinah, Keith, Alessia, and Ally decided to go watch a movie. And lastly Vanessa, Zayn, and Dua went to get tattoos together.

"So what was with that death stare at the new girl in class today?" Zendaya smirks. I roll my eyes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I state. Zendaya laughs.

"Oh please, Mani! You were burning lasers into the side of that poor girl's head" I shrug.

"I just don't like her" Zendaya playfully rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, no shit. But why?" I sigh.

"So when Dinah and I were a thing, we broke off due to well, you" I say. Zendaya nods.

"Yeah, Lauren told me about it. She said something about the way I was scr-" I wave my hands in her face.

"I honestly don't want to hear that again, thank you" I scold. Zendaya nods. "Anyways, while we broke up I hung out with Nick Robinson and went to the movies and while I was there, Dinah was there with that girl. Like she was all over her calling her babe and stuff"

"Maybe she was just some tinder date" Zendaya guesses.  I shake my head.

"No, we talked about it. She's one of Dinah's moms coworkers daughters and she asked if Dinah could take her out" I state.

"Oh, well then there! There's nothing to worry about!" Zendaya smiles.

"Order up!" Lauren jokes walking up to us with food. Kehlani places drinks in front of me and Zen, and then places hers and Lauren's down. Lauren places burgers down in front of all of us.

"So what are we not worry about?" Kehlani asks sitting down next to me. Lauren fills the seat next to her girlfriend.

"Ryan Destiny" Zen interjects. I roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah, she was kinda hot" Lauren says. Zendaya hums in agreement taking a sip of her soda.

"She's alright" I state plainly. Zendaya laughs.

"Oh please, Mani. You have to admit that girl is gorgeous" Zendaya tries. I look at Kehlani.

"What are your thoughts on her?" I ask. Kehlani shrugs.

"I've never been a fan of hers for years so" She says taking a sip of her soda. I look at her confused.

"What do you mean years? You already met her?" Zen interjects. Kehlani looks at us weird.

"Yeah, I mean her and Dinah used to be a thing" Kehlani looks at me. "I thought you knew that" I shake my head.

"Uh, no. Dinah told me that her mom pretty much made her take her to the movies because of her coworker. She never mentioned that" I point out. Kehlani's eyes go wide.

"Oh..." She plops a fry in her mouth nervously. "I honestly was just talking out of my ass, ignore me" She nervously laughs. I turn facing Kehlani more.

"Tell me" I say. She shakes her head. "Lani, if you know something that happened between them you have to tell me..." I beg. Kehlani glances at me and sighs turning towards me.

"Basically, her and Dinah had this on and off again thing, kind of like a friends with benefits ordeal but it became super toxic. It lasted from about freshman year to junior year. I wasn't a fan of the whole thing, but it wasn't really my decision" I nod facing forward and tapping my finger lightly on the table.

"Wow..." I say. So Dinah basically lied to me. Well, maybe her mom's coworker did ask her to, but she definitely left out a whole lot of information.