42

"Are you excited for the senior trip?" Dinah asks sliding into her seat next to me in psychology.

"Of course. Heading to a beach resort with our whole friend group sharing a cabin is a dream" I lean over and peck Dinah on the lips before leaning back in my chair.

"Except for the fact that a random is gonna be with all of us" Zendaya says walking past me and sitting in the seat behind me. I turn and face her.

"What? Why?" She shrugs.

"Blame Dua for not coming" She says gesturing to Dua who rolls her eyes as she walks past.

"Blame my great grandpappy. He's turning 96 during one of the weeks of the trip. It's not my fault my family has genes to help us live a good life" She gloats as she walks to the back of the room to her seat.

"So what? One of the teachers just assigns a random student with us?" I question. Dinah nods.

"Pretty much" I roll my eyes.

Ryan walks in and we both make eye contact before she flips her hair over her shoulder and slides in her seat on the other side of Dinah. She winks at me before turning to face the front. I groan and face forward as our teacher walks in and begins teaching the lesson.

"Let's just pray the random isn't annoying and at least good eye candy for the week" Zendaya whispers in my ear. I chuckle and begin writing my notes.

During the middle of class I feel my phone buzz on my lap. I turn the screen around to see a text from Kehlani. I glance across the room at her and she's focused on the whiteboard in front. I glance up at our teacher before unlocking the phone.

Baelani:
Are you free next week sometime after school?

Normani:
Yeah, pretty much. Nothing's on my schedule. What's up?

Baelani:
I need help getting Dua's great grandpa a gift

Normani:
And why tf do you think I know what a 96 year old would want?😂

Baelani:
Idk! Just please! I need your help!

Normani:
Fine, but in return you're helping me study tonight for calc...

Baelani:
Perfect! Deal.

I place my phone back on my lap and continue taking my notes.

-

I'm in the library with Alessia sharing notes and trying to cram as much knowledge into my brain as possible. Thank god for friends in the same class, because if not, I definitely wouldn't be passing anything.

"So, how are you and Keith?" I ask as I scribble down some notes. I glance at Alessia who smiles at she focuses on reading her textbook.

"Pretty great actually. Yeah, he um, introduced me to his parents which was nice. They were very sweet and welcoming" I smile.

"That's sweet Les. Are you going to introduce him to yours?" She shakes her head.

"I think I'll wait till their divorce is settled and they stop throwing vases at each other" She sighs. I awkwardly nod and turn my head back to my notes and books. She clears her throat. "How about you? How are you and Dinah?"

"Oh, um, good I think. I mean, we haven't argued the past few weeks, but that's also because we've barely even hung out just by ourselves. I mean, it not her fault, we're both busy with school and always with the group, but she still hangs out with Ryan on her own. It bothers me but I have to learn to trust her" Alessia looks up at me.

"Yeah, that can be upsetting, but I'm happy you're trusting her Mani, that's really good" I chuckle.

"It's definitely not easy" Alessia laughs.

"No shit. I get jealous anytime some girl even looks at Keith, so I understand honey" She smiles. I laugh. "Oh! Do you need me to help you with Calc tonight? I can swing by if you want" I shake my head.

"No need. Kehlani is coming over to help me study" I smile. Her eyes go wide.

"Just the two of you?" She asks concerned. I raise my eyebrow.

"Uh... yeah" Alessia raises her eyebrows.

"Oh wow" She shakes her head and continues reading her book. What the hell was that? I reach across the table and shut her book.

"Oh wow? What does that mean?" I ask. She shrugs. "No, none of that. You meant something"

"I mean, you know I pay attention to detail and everything around me Mani"

"Yes, I know. It's one of your amazing qualities. What's your point?" I shrug annoyed. She stays quiet and I roll my eyes. "Alessia Carracciolo, don't get all quiet with me now" She sighs.

"I don't know Mani, it seems like she's kind of into you" Alessia whispers. I laugh.

"Bruh, are you serious?" I continue laughing.

"I mean, she's always staring at you" She points out.

"I'm hot!" Alessia rolls her eyes.

"Relax. Don't get ahead of yourself" She counters. I place my hand on my heart offended. "I'm serious though Mani, like I get you guys have become close but I'm getting other vibes" I gasp.

"Gay vibes?! Sinful!" I yell. Alessia leans across the table and slaps my arm looking around.

"We're in the library. Shut up!" She whisper yells. "And you know what I mean" I lean back in my chair.

"Jeez, if you're so worried just come over tonight while she's helping me and see for yourself" I offer.

"Fine" She states.

"Fine"

"Fine" Kehlani says sliding in the chair next to me. "Sorry to interrupt, I was in the stacks and heard gay vibes so I had to come see what the convo was all about" She smirks leaning in with her elbow on the table and her chin in her hands.

"Actually, Alessia thinks that y-"

"Shut up Mani!" She whispers. I chuckle.

"Anyways, I hope you don't mind if Alessia comes over tonight to hang" I smile. Kehlani leans back in her chair.

"Nah, I don't mind a watcher" Kehlani winks at Alessia. Alessia raises her eyebrows and glances at me weird. "Get it? Because she would be like watching us study and it's a sexual innuendo...? Damn, tough crowd" Kehlani sighs standing up. "Anyways, I will see you beautiful ladies later" She salutes while leaning back and walking away.

"See? Nothing weird, just a regular conversation" I smile.

"Right. Because making sexual jokes about her getting with her best friend's girlfriend is normal" Alessia states. I nod.

"Yeah, I mean, I joke about getting with Lauren all the time in front of Zendaya"

"Gross" She smiles and gets up. "I'll see you tonight" She stuffs her backpack and begins walking away.

"Wear your nicest thong!" I yell. Alessia ducks her head trying to hide from embarrassment. I chuckle before continuing to go over my notes and reorganizing them. I internally laugh.

Kehlani? Having a crush on me? I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, she's hot and those tattoos have me feeling some type of way, but I would never. I love Dinah and she's my girlfriend's best friend. She knows better, so there's no reason to even consider it.