63

It's been two weeks into my detox and it's been horrible. Well let me not say horrible, just annoying. Kehlani and Dua have been watching me like hawks and haven't let me leave their sight. Every now and then they rotate who stays with me at my house to keep an eye on me. It's annoying at this point, but I know they're doing it because they care about me so I can't complain.

Dinah and I haven't spoken a word to each other. We've exchanged glances during school but nothing else. Obviously it's hard since we're all now in the same friend group and everyone can feel the tension, but they all pretend like it's not there.

I know what I said to her crossed a line and I didn't mean it one but, but she needed to hear it. Dinah is better off without me and I don't want to tie her down from being the best she can be.

My life is going to shit right now and I don't want to be her burden. She needs to go to college and be successful, and she can't do that with me around. The faster I get out of her life, the faster she'll be able to move on.

"You have to eat Mani" Dua slides a bowl of pasta in front of me. I slide it away from me and lean back in my chair.

"I'm not hungry" I mumble.

"It wasn't a question" She grabs the bowl placing it back in front of me. I groan grabbing the fork in front of me and start eating. "Uh huh, that's what I thought" She takes a seat in the chair next to me. I glance at her and roll my eyes.

"You don't have to watch me ya'know" I share. She lifts an eyebrow.

"Last time I didn't, you gave your food to Aspen. Don't think I didn't notice" She says. I roll my eyes again. The front door opens and Lani and Vanessa walk in carrying grocery bags.

"Deliveryyy!" Vanessa sings lifting the bags in the air. They walk past us and into the kitchen to place the groceries away. I hear them shuffling around in there as cabinets open and close.

"Don't you hoes have families? Go home" I state.

"But then how would I see that adorable face of yours?" Vanessa says walking out of the kitchen. She lightly strokes my chin leading me to flip her off while continuing to eat my food. She sits down across from me and smiles. She turns to look at Dua.

"You going out with us tonight?" She asks. Dua shakes her head.

"Someone's gotta watch this one" She gestures to me. I groan.

"I don't need a babysitter" I hiss.

"Yes, you do" She fires back.

"Why doesn't Mani just come with us?" Vanessa questions.

"That's not a good idea right now Ness, and you know that" Dua shares.

"I'm with Dua on this one, I'm not really in a partying mood" I add.

"Dinah will be there" Lani says exiting the kitchen. I freeze a little at the thought of her, but continue to eat my food.

"That's not gonna change my mind" I mumble. I stand up with my bowl and fork.

"Ah ah ah! Let me see" Dua says pointing to the bowl. I groan tilting it so she can see my empty dish. She nods in approval and lets me walk. I place my dish in the sink and walk back into the kitchen. As I'm about to walk out, I overhear the three of them talking.

"Are you sure you're okay with staying Dua? You haven't been out in awhile. Maybe you need to blow off some steam" Vanessa whines.

"It's fine. Mani and I will probably watch a movie or something" Dua responds.

"Maybe it's a good thing she doesn't want to go, I mean Dinah told me she needs to get laid pronto" Lani shares. I feel my fist tighten and my blood boil.