33

After my mother forcing me to come inside the house, I've been sitting in the hangout room downstairs while Zendaya, Lauren, and the guy argue over me, Alessia standing in the corner quietly observing, and the other girl sitting next to me.

"Obviously keeping her away from Dinah isn't working!" The guy states.

"No shit Zayn! We saw that earlier!" Zendaya states.

"Oh Miss Perfect, what would you like to do?!" He shouts.

"Stop calling me that!" Zendaya yells pointing her finger.

"How about y'all both shut up and listen to me!" Lauren says jumping in.

I roll my eyes and zone out of their conversation. The girl next to me slightly bumps me and sticks out her hand.

"Vanessa. I know you don't remember me so I thought I'd introduce myself" She smiles. I glance at her hand and take it shaking it before letting go.

"So, are they always like this?" I ask. She shake her head turning towards them.

"No not really. It's just this whole situation, ya'know?" I nod. "Just for your information, I liked you and Dinah together" She whispers. I turn and face her.

"Really? Why?" I ask. She shrugs.

"I personally just felt that you were actually happy when you were with each other. Yeah, there we chaotic times and some toxic moments but I don't really think it was because of y'all. It was just because of the hatred between our friend groups" She says. I nod and smile.

"Thanks for being honest with me. It seems like the rest of them always had something to hide" I huff.

"Those three" She gestures towards Zendaya, Lauren, Zayn. "Yes, they tried to keep you and Dinah apart. But Alessia and I had your best interest at heart"

"Really? Cause when I asked her about Dinah she wouldn't tell me anything"

"Yeah well that's just Alessia. She's not a fan of having people mad at her so sometimes she has trouble picking sides. Don't blame her" I nod. I'll try and remember to have a talk with her later.

"What are you two chatting about?" Zendaya asks. I roll my eyes.

"Stuff" I state.

"Okay what's the problem, man? Why don't you like me?" Zendaya throws her hands up. I stand up.

"I don't know, maybe it's the fact that you come off like you're the best at everything. Like you can't do anything wrong"

"When have I ever come off like that? You just decided ever since Alessia and I took you out to get something to eat that you didn't like me! Why?!"

"I don't know!" I yell. "There's just something in the back of my head that I can't understand or describe, but you make me so mad!" I shout. Vanessa stands up.

"Hey, breathe a little bit" She says trying to calm me down.

"No, I need to get out of here. Y'all are overwhelming me" I quickly walk away and upstairs. Andrea notices me.

"Hey where are you going? What's wrong?" I ignore and quickly look around the living room. I notice car keys on the couch. I quickly grab them and head for the garage. "Hey! Normani! You're not driving!"

I ignore and walk into the garage looking at the two cars. I unlock the black Jag and get into the driver seat. I buckle up and start the car waiting for the garage door to open. Andrea starts knocking on the window.

"Normani. Please, stop!" She pleads. I take the car out of park and pull out of the garage before driving down the driveway and out the gate. I pull into the road and speed out of the neighborhood.