44

It's finally time for our senior retreat and I've never been dreading something more. It's been two weeks since Dinah and I's argument... break up?... I honestly don't know, maybe a break, but it's sucked tremendously.

Everyday her and Ryan would come into school together and leave together and it pisses me off, but I legit told she might as well fuck her. I don't know if she's done it, and I honestly don't want to know because it would take me somewhere I don't want to be.

"Mani, pass me your suitcase!" I check out of my thoughts to Kehlani holding out her arms waiting for me.

"Right, sorry" I hand her my suitcase and smile. Lauren walks up to me placing her hand on my shoulder.

"You okay, Manz?" Lauren asks. I smile and nod and make my way on the charter bus. I place my backpack up top and take a seat next to Zen. She smiles as she turns to face me.

"Are you excited for this vacay? I mean this is gonna be fun! Us in a house for two weeks with all our friends!" Zen smiles. I hear laughing coming from the back of the bus and I turn around to see Dinah and Ryan laughing with each other. Dinah glances over at me and I quickly face forward again.

"Yeah, so fun" I mumble leaning down in my chair. I put my AirPods in my ear and lean back in my chair. I glance over at Lauren abs Kehlani sitting together shooting spitballs at some random students. I shake my head. This is going to be a long ass drive.

-

After a five hour long bus ride, we finally reach our senior retreat beach resort. We all file off the buses and start grabbing our luggage. We form around one of the teachers with a clipboard as she starts naming off beach house and the students living together for the two weeks.

"House 7! We have Normani Hamilton's group! Since Dua Lipa will not be attending we have Ryan Destiny joining your house. Here is your room assignment sheet. You can start heading over there now!" She hands me a piece of paper and I grab my suitcase and turn. Of course they put her with us, I swear everything is against me right now.

Everyone grabs their suitcases and we start walking to the house together. Once we get there I open the door and we all walk in. It's actually pretty nice inside with a great sliding door view of the beach. I pull out the piece of paper.

"Okay, um, so it seems each bedroom has a letter over it so just find yours. Room A is Kehlani and Lauren-"

"Beat you there bitch!" Kehlani pushes Lauren over quickly grabbing her luggage and running to the room. Lauren grabs her suitcases quickly and starts running but trips.

"I'M OKAY!" She yells quickly getting to her feet and chasing after Kehlani.

"Anyways, Room B is Ally, Vanessa, and Alessia" They grab their stuff and start heading out. "Room C is Zen and Ryan" I roll my eyes at the name. Ryan winks at Dinah before following Zendaya. "And D is Keith and Zayn" I smile. They grab theyre stuff and begin looking for their room.

"I guess that leaves us together" I turn to see Dinah sitting on her suitcase.

"... I guess so" I grab my suitcase abs begin looking for Room E. I finally reach the room to see a huge King bed and I internally smack my forehead. It just gets better and better.

"I, um, I can sleep on the couch if you want?" Dinah asks shyly rubbing the back of her neck. I shake my head rolling my suitcase towards one side of the bed.

"It's fine, it's big enough for us to not be that close. Worse case, I'll just make a pillow barrier" I state.

"Jeez, a pillow barrier? I'm not poisonous Princess" She chuckles. I freeze a little at my nickname. I haven't heard her say that in awhile... I quickly shake the feeling away and shrug.