9

Time Lapse: Six Days

Over the suspension period, I stayed away from Dinah completely. It was easy considering I have no way to communicate with her and I also didn't party the rest of the week, which made my group mad considering they couldn't party without me.

I walk into first period English and take my regular seat in the back next to Alessia. She smiles at me closing her book.

"It's good to have you back" I laugh.

"It's actually good to be back. I surprisingly missed learning" Alessia laughs and I begin taking out my notes. As I look up, Dinah walks through the door with Ally by her side. Our eyes lock for a quick second but I break it immediately looking down at my notes.

A few seconds later our teacher comes in and immediately begins our lesson and I begin writing everything down trying to catch up on everything I've missed. Lucky for me, it didn't seem like I've missed that much.

Forty minutes into class, our teacher says that's enough notes for today and he gives us the last twenty minutes to ourselves. I ask him if I can be excused to go to the bathroom and he lets me. As I'm walking out I glance at Dinah - which was definitely a mistake - as her eyes are on me. I turn away quickly and walk out of the room.

I walk into the nearest bathroom and do my business quickly in the bathroom. After finishing I push all the toilet paper off the seat in the toilet (because if you sit bare ass on a public bathroom you and me need a private discussion on how that's unsanitary) before walking out a beginning to wash my hands.

I hear the door open but don't pay much attention to it. I grab some paper towels but jump and scream when a presence is near me.

"Shit! Damn it Dinah! What the fucking hell?! Don't be scaring people like that! Fuck!" I say holding my heart. I quickly wipe my hands and throw the paper towels away in the trash.

"You've been ignoring me" I look at her like she's crazy.

"So that gives you the right to go pop-the-weasel on my ass and scare the living daylight out of me?!" I urge. I try to walk away but Dinah blocks my path. I look at her asking her to move with my gaze but she doesn't comply. I sigh and lean against the counter. There's no point in trying to move the girl considering she's stronger than me.

"Why'd you leave my house without saying goodbye or anything?" I roll my eyes.

"Oh please. We aren't lovers, friends, nor acquaintances. I don't need to tell you anything. Plus, I didn't feel comfortable being in that house with you. Simple" Dinah begins rubbing her forehead annoyed.

"Not this bullshit again"

"It is this bullshit again Dinah Jane. It's going to keep being the same bullshit until you get it through that thick skull of yours!" I yell.

"Tell me the real reason why you left Normani" I throw my hands up in defeat.

"Jesus Christ Dinah! Why are you making such a big ass deal about it? You were trying to kick me out anyways!" Dinah's whole face contorts.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I roll my eyes.

"After our sweet little open up moment, you pretty much kicked me out saying you wanted to check with Naki to see if I could leave!" Dinah's eyes go wide. She reaches for my hand but I snatch it away.

"Princess..." I shake my head.

"Don't call me that! I'm not your fucking Princess, alright? We're not friends Dinah Jane! We're rivals! Get that through your fucking head before some gets hurt!" I push off the counter sink and bump into Dinah as I walk out of the bathroom of hell.