Chapter 32

HI OKAY I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated in a while, but here's another chapter so I hope y'all enjoy :)

______________________________________

Today was the day. My first day of University.

I was feeling a plethora of different emotions. I was excited yet nervous, hopeful yet skeptical.

I woke up early just so I could give myself enough time to prepare and get ready and honestly, I think I was more excited than anything.

It's a much different feeling than high school or even community college. I would dread going to school everyday, but not today. I couldn't wait.

My mom already called me, and I would be lying if I said she didn't cry but she did indeed. She said she was proud of me and she wanted me to have a great first day. The conversation helped ease my nerves a little bit.

I also got a text from Jungkook telling me to have a good first day and that if I needed anything or wanted to talk he would be there for me. Which was really sweet. He sent it super early because he had work, in which I was confident that he woke himself up for. But regardless, this isn't about him. It was a nice of him to think of me as he knew I was pretty nervous.

Since it was September, that anxious yet excited feeling started bubbling inside of me. You know, that feeling on the first day of school where it feels like fall but also still feels like summer? You're excited to see what teachers you have and who's in your classes. You're also excited for because it's the first day of class, aka "Syllabus Week" where we don't really do much and everyone just goes to parties to get obliterated after class because they can and they think they're cool. However, I will gladly skip out on all the parties.

For my outfit I decided the wear some ripped, light blue jeans with a black, flowy tank top and some simple black strappy sandals. I curled my hair and did a little extra makeup than usual. I didn't go crazy and beat my face, but I did spend a lot more time than I planned to do a full eyeshadow look. However, I was satisfied with how I looked.

I had class in about an hour, at 2:30PM and I figured I should leave now to get a parking spot. Dana said at this time leaving a half hour before would be fine, but I would feel a lot better if I left an hour before just so I could get a feel of the parking situation myself.

I unfortunately won't be able to see Dana today because it's Wednesday and I have class at 2:30PM then at 4:00PM and her last class ends during my 2:30 class. It sucks because I wanted her there or even just to see her for a few minutes, but I was confident I could do this on my own.

I grabbed my bag that I filled with fresh new school supplies (two notebooks, two folders, index cards, pencils, pens, and my planner) and grabbed my keys after looking in the mirror one last time to make sure I looked okay.

As I was driving there, I was getting a little nervous. More nervous than I had been. I guess it's because it's actually real and finally happening. I had no idea when and if I would even be doing this if I was asked a few months ago. I often doubted myself, and honestly I did have my doubts today, still do. But I know I can do this and that I have to do this.

Once I get to the parking garage Dana told me to park in, I find a spot on the third level, not too bad.

I walk down the stairs and when I exit the parking garage, I start to follow the flow of people heading towards the buildings where classes are held.

My heart is pounding at this point and I'm really nervous.

Trying to calm myself down a little, I pull up my schedule on my phone to see what class I have and what building I have to go.