Chapter 8

I plop down on one of the chairs in the breakroom and sigh. Another long shift. I look at my phone to see a message from Taehyung.

It's been about two weeks since I first met him and the four of us had hung out twice since then.

T: Hey. I didn't want to do this over text message, but I couldn't wait to ask you this.

He sent it about an hour ago so I text him back immediately hoping he responds quick.

M: Hey what's up?

I'm a little nervous, I have no idea what he could possibly want to ask me and have it be so important he couldn't wait.

T: Well, I know I've only known Dana for a few months but I'm crazy about her. No one knows her like you do and I guess what I'm asking is do you think it's too soon to ask her to be my girlfriend? I don't want to rush things, especially if she's not ready. But I also don't want her to think I don't like her like that.

Well I definitely didn't expect that.

M: Oh. Well, I know for a fact that she's crazy about you too, there's no doubt about that. But ultimately you know her in that sense and I think it should be up to you to determine that. Personally, I know she wants to take things slow but I also know that she has real feelings for you. If you think you both are ready for that then I think you should take that next step. But if you're unsure even a little bit, it might be better to wait.

I didn't want to specifically tell him to either ask her or not because ultimately it's his decision based on his own judgment. I know she wants to date him, but I know she wants to take it slow because of the last relationship that left her with a bad taste in her mouth for relationships in general. However, I do think it's really sweet and kind of adorable that he's asking me.

T: You're right. Maybe I should sleep on it or even wait a couple days. I don't want her to feel rushed to give me an answer or make her feel uncomfortable.

M: Exactly. And I know she would 100% wait for you, if you do decide to wait a little while. I definitely wouldn't worry about the waiting part.

T: Okay. Maybe waiting would be better. I know for a fact that I do want to eventually ask her I just have to decide when.

M: I fully approve of you asking her, when you do decide to do it.

T: Thank you so much, Maddy!

M: You're very welcome. Thank you for being so good to her.

T: Of course. I always will I can promise you that.

I trust him enough to make proper judgment and assess their situation. He knows her well enough to determine if they're ready for that. I do, however, give him my full blessing because he's absolutely perfect for her. The fact that he's being so cautious and doesn't want to rush her just makes me like him even more.

As soon as I hear my manager yelling my name I sadly realize that my break is over and I force myself to stand up and get through this agonizingly long 4 hour shift I have left.

~

M: On my way

I text Jungkook. It's been a few days since I've been over his place and I just felt like hanging out so this morning we planned to have me come over. Almost every time I get out of work I'm in the mood to just relax and hangout with him. Work usually completely ruins my mood and makes me not want to have sex, so I just resort to cuddling and endless massages.

JJK: I'll leave the door open. Just come in

~

I open the door to find him lazily sprawled out on the couch. I close the door and lock it behind me.