Chapter 16

I groan and stir in my sleep as I hear an annoying ringing sound. I roll off of Jungkook and rub my eyes before checking my phone to see who's calling me. It's Dana. I always hated the fact that she was an early riser.

"Hello?" I say groggily. I sit up and look at him, still sound asleep.

"Hey! Did I wake you up?" She sounded giddy.

"Yeah, but it's okay. What's up?" I run my fingers through Jungkook's hair, trying to wake him up gently.

"Oh I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait to tell you... Taehyung asked me to be his girlfriend!" I could hear the smile in her voice, which made me smile. It had been a few weeks since he asked me about the topic and he chose to wait, which I appreciated. If he felt they were ready then I trusted him that they were and I was happy for them.

"Really?!"

"Yeah! He took me out to breakfast this morning and asked me there."

"That's adorable. So I'm assuming you said yes?"

"Yes I did! I didn't know when it was gonna happen but I was prepared for it and ready to say yes."

"Well good, because I knew he was gonna ask you I just didn't know when."

"Wait what do you mean?"

"Well he talked to me a little while ago about asking you to be his girlfriend and when the right time was. I told him he should ask whenever he felt the right time was and he felt it was a good idea to wait a little while because he didn't want to rush things. But I also told him that whenever he decided to do it he had my blessing."

"He's too sweet. I can't believe he asked you and stuff."

"He's not your ex, Dana. Taehyung isn't even comparable to him. He's an amazing guy." Jungkook breathed and stirred in his sleep a little, moving his head to the side. I removed my fingers from his hair down to his bare chest and started to lightly graze my nails on his chest.

"You're right. I'm so lucky to have him."

"And he's lucky to have you."

"Thank you, Maddy. Thank you for being so supportive."

"Are you kidding? I like him. I like him a lot and he's perfect for you."

"Thanks." Jungkook moves again, but remains asleep. "So anyway..." she continues "... what are you up to?"

"Nothing really. I just woke up, Jungkook slept over last night so we're probably just gonna relax today." I shrugged to myself.

"Yeah, slept, over."

"Okay well obviously we did more than sleep but you know what I mean." I rolled my eyes and looked down at the peaceful sleeping figure next to me.

"I knew it."

"Okay yeah yeah, whatever. That's nothing new."

"No it isn't." Dana chuckled. "But anyway, do you guys wanna hang out with me and Taehyung? He has work until 6." She asked.

"Yeah that sounds great." I agree.

"Okay, can you think of anything you guys might wanna do?"

"I don't really care, honestly. And Jungkook won't really care either he'll go anywhere or do anything."

"Okay. I'll talk to Tae and see what he wants to do. I'll let you know later."

"Okay! Sounds good."

"Alright, bye Maddy."

"Bye Dana."

I hung up the phone and looked back down at Jungkook who had slept through the entire conversation, even though I wasn't exactly talking quietly.