Chapter 10

"Seriously dude, you look fine," Jungkook assures Jimin, shifting all his weight onto one side and leaning on the door frame to the bathroom.

Tonight Jimin was meeting Hoseok's parents. It's been a few weeks since he told me and Jungkook about Hoseok and they've grown even closer since then. Because of that, Jimin wanted everything about tonight to be perfect even if it meant driving himself crazy in the process. He even went as far as asking me to do his makeup. Nothing heavy, just some concealer, foundation, and powder, to blur out any imperfections and to get rid of the bags under his eyes. I even put on some very light, natural eyeshadow lining his eyelid to make his eyes pop a little more. I was just finishing up.

"I know, but I just want everything to be perfect. I don't know what his parents are like and I want to impress them." Jimin looks in the handheld mirror I gave him after I finish swiping the powder all over his face with the makeup brush.

"Don't worry, you will. Didn't Hoseok say that his parents were the ones insisting on meeting you?" I put the brush in my makeup bag and examine his face.

"Yeah. But still. I'm nervous." He sighs, putting the mirror down. "It's been a while since I was this serious with someone and I don't know..." I get down to where we're eye level. He was sitting on the toilet while I was doing his makeup so I bend down to meet his gaze.

"Listen, I know you're nervous. That's normal. But you have to relax a little bit and stop trying so hard to make everything perfect. You're just meeting his parents and having dinner. Everything is going to be okay. They wouldn't have been the ones to ask if they genuinely didn't want to meet you." I try to reason with him. I get that he's nervous. But he does need to relax. His expression softens and he smiles.

"You're right. They wouldn't have. It'll be fine. It's just dinner. That's it. Thank you for doing this by the way." I stand up and run my fingers through his hair, moving it out of his eyes.

"You're welcome." I smile and remove my fingers, letting his hair fall back onto his forehead. "I'll show you how I did your makeup so you don't always have to ask me. Not that I mind, but I won't always be here."

"Thank you." He hands me back the mirror and stands up, looking in the bigger mirror above the sink. He continuously runs his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah seriously, Jim. It's gonna be okay. They're gonna love you. They're gonna see exactly what Hoseok sees because you're great, okay?" Jungkook grabs Jimin's shoulders, trying to knock some sense into him. Jimin takes a deep breath.

"You're right. If I keep worrying I'm going to drive myself crazy."

"Yes you are." Jungkook agrees.

"Okay. I think I'm ready. I can do this." Jimin walks out of the bathroom and into the living room, me and Jungkook following behind. Jimin slips on a pair of black dress shoes that were on the floor by the front door.

"Are you going right to the restaurant?" Jungkook asks, handing Jimin his wallet and keys.

"Thank you." Jimin takes his stuff from Jungkook's hand. "And no, I'm driving to Hoseok's apartment then he's driving us to the restaurant and his parents are gonna meet us there."

"Okay let me know what you're doing later."

"I will. Thanks again guys." He smiles, opening the door. Me and Jungkook nod in unison. "Okay, well goodbye."

"Good luck," Jungkook calls as I agree with him. Jimin slips through the door and leaves. Jungkook sighs and plops on the couch.

"He's like a high school girl, I can't handle him."