Chapter 20

Things are about to heat up... enjoy ;)

_______________________________________________________

It had been a few weeks since Taehyung's graduation and he recently just started his new job at Gucci. He and Dana went on vacation together before he started working. In fact, it was a gift from his parents, they paid for Taehyung and Dana to go to the Maldives for two weeks, which was really generous. Of course, he is very deserving. And she deserved to go with him, I'm not denying that.

However, I would love to go on an all expense paid trip with my boyfriend. Well, not with my boyfriend. I don't really want one per se, but still. That said boyfriend would also need to have a job. And Jungkook, who is the closest thing I have to a "boyfriend," still hasn't found a job. Jimin was fed up. He talked to him multiple times and even I talked to him, but it was no use. The excuse was "I'll get to it." Or if he had an interview and didn't get the job it was "I don't have enough experience," which Jimin didn't have any sympathy for because it was Jungkook's fault. I agreed with Jimin for the most part, but I also have a small amount of sympathy for Jungkook when he's denied a job for lack of experience. Yeah he's lazy, but at least he was trying.

Today felt like an especially long shift. I mean, it kind of was. I asked to pick up more shifts and work longer hours because I was going to school in two months and I wouldn't be able to work that much during the school year.

I sit down at the table in the break room with my aching feet. It sucks, but then I remember this is all for school and every ache is worth it.

One of the cooks brings me a chicken ceasar wrap and I thank him. I dig in to the wrap almost forgetting to look at my phone. I see two messages from Jungkook while I was working.

JJK: Hey when you get a second call me

JJK: It's important

I was confused and also a little nervous. What could be so important that he needs me to call him during work for? I guess I'll find out.

I click his contact to call him, still scarfing down my food.

He picks up immediately.

"Hey Maddy."

"Hey what's up?" I manage to get out with my mouth full.

"Uhhh," he breathes into the phone creating a static sound. "I don't really know how to say this..."

"Well," I start to say then swallow. "Just tell me because you're making me nervous."

"Jimin kind of kicked me out today."

I drop the half eaten wrap that was in my hand back onto the plate and put my hand over my mouth. A million thoughts are running through my mind. I want to say I saw this coming, but I didn't. I didn't think Jimin would actually kick him out. I don't blame him. Not even one bit, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this actually happened, in the little amount of break time I have right now.

"Maddy I don't know what to do. I can't go back to my parents house they'll be pissed. I promised them this would never happen, and I... I just..." I can tell he's trying not to cry and honestly it makes me kind of want to cry.

"Alright." I breathe out, rubbing my temple. "Just go to my apartment for now. I have a spare key in the backyard. It's on the very top of the door frame. You know how to get to my backyard right? You have to go around the apartments."

I hear him exhale before he speaks.

"Okay. Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't mean to spring this on you but I've been sitting at Starbucks for hours and I didn't have anywhere else to go. I was freaking out by myself."