Chapter 6

I wake up to the sound of muffled voices in the distance and the clinking of pots and pans. It takes me a second to open my eyes and when I do, I feel refreshed. That might have been the best sleep I've gotten in a while. I fell right asleep and didn't wake up once; very well rested. I roll over feeling the other side of the bed next to me empty. Jungkook is awake before me? What kind of alternate universe are we in where he cooks and gets up before me?

I slowly sit up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I stretch and grab my phone in the process. A message from Dana.

D: Sorry again about last night, but I think I really hit it off with his parents. I can't wait to tell you about it! Call me when you can. But other than that, I hope you're okay!

M: That's great! I'm so happy for you, I can't wait to hear all about it. And seriously D don't worry about it. I stayed over Jungkook's last night and I'm still here so I'll call you when I get home

I walk to the bathroom to pee and then look at myself in the mirror. The hickies aren't as bad as they were yesterday, but they are still extremely noticeable. At least there weren't any new ones added last night so I'm happy about that.

I still hear the muffled voices so I walk down the hallway to find the source. As I'm walking down the hallway I see Jimin sitting at the dining room table and Jungkook in the kitchen in front of the stove. Is he cooking again?

Jimin must have noticed me walking closer because he met my gaze with a smile.

"Good Morning Maddy," he says and takes a sip of his coffee. As soon as he says my name, Jungkook snapped his head around to look at me. He smiles from ear to ear.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." He jokes then looks back down at the stove.

"Very funny. Good morning guys." I yawn and take a seat at the table across from Jimin. "It's usually you sleeping later than me, so I don't want to hear it." I fire back at him. Jimin laughs at my comment.

"Fair enough. How did you sleep last night?" Jungkook asks.

"Amazing actually. That might have been the best sleep I've had in a while honestly."

"It must've been because it was dead silent last night. I usually hear you guys up until late." Jimin says, scolding both of us. I look away from him, my cheeks tinged with pink.

"I promised I would keep him quiet!" I say back trying to defend myself.

"I'm just kidding, you guys never bother me. I just think it's funny." Jimin says as he takes another sip of his coffee. This is the first time I've seen him in a while just relax a little and not surrounded by work and documents and what not. I do feel bad that he's always working, but he likes what he does. It's so funny, Jimin and Jungkook are complete polar opposites. I think that's why they click so much.

I snap my head in Jungkook's direction when I hear him speak.

"Are you hungry Maddy? I made pancakes." He sounded so proud of himself.

"Of course I'm hungry, that sounds amazing."

"They were actually good, he didn't burn them. Or the entire apartment complex down." Jimin joked. I threw my head back and laughed.

"Yeah yeah yeah, very funny. You weren't saying that before when you ate every bite," he said in a mocking tone. Jimin put his hands up in surrenderance.

After the pancakes were done he threw some on a plate for me and brought the plate over to me. I was going to ask him for something to drink, but he beat me to it by bringing me a glass of chocolate milk.