Chapter 28

I was playing around on my phone when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I call.

The door opens and Dana slowly peeks her head in.

"Hey."

I smile and motion for her to come in my room.

She walks into my room, hands full with her overnight bag and two plastic shopping bags.

"Hey." She kicks the door closed and puts her bag down. "I got you some gatorade on the way here because Tae told me that it's good to drink stuff like that when you pass out because of the electrolytes or some shit like that. And I also got some other treats like chocolate and stuff because why not?" That was really nice of her. I mean, she's my best friend and I would absolutely do the same thing for her, but the thought was so sweet. I wanted to cry because I'm so grateful for her.

She puts everything on my bedside table.

"Thank you, that was really sweet of you."

"Of course. Anything for you. You look like shit by the way." She says as she climbs into bed next to me.

"Yeah I figured. Thanks for letting me know." I chuckle and she smiles and nods.

I reach for the gatorade she placed next to me when she starts speaking.

"So what happened? Do you remember anything before you passed out?" She flips her hair off of her shoulders to her back and lays down on her side to face me with her head resting in her hand.

I take a sip before retelling the story.

"Well." I take a deep breath before continuing. "I remember I was relaxing in bed because I had work but I had a pounding headache and almost unbearable stomach cramps. I figured it was just my period because I hadn't gotten it in a while. Then I remember talking to Jungkook, well yelling at really, because he was pissing me off." She scoffs at that part and continues to listen intently. "I remember getting dizzy and losing my balance and I also vaguely remember Jungkook telling me I was bleeding, which I found out was coming from my... hoo-ha." I made fun of Jungkook for saying that word, but now saying it out loud to other people, saying my vagina was bleeding sounds disgusting. Hoo-ha makes it sound not as gross. "And then I woke up in the hospital."

Her eyes widen as she listens.

"That's awful. So what happened? Like why did you pass out?"

I take an even deeper breath and another sip of my gatorade before I continue.

"So the doctor said that I was exhausted, which I assume is from working so much, and dehydration. And the cramps and bleeding, well..." I trail off. No matter who I tell, it doesn't get any easier. That part chokes me up every single time. "I had a miscarriage and the cramps and bleeding were from the loss of pregnancy." I say and look at her cautiously.

She sits up and puts her hand over her mouth.

Speechless. Just like my mom and Jungkook.

"Please say something." I beg. "Telling this news doesn't get any easier."

"I'm sorry, I just... you were pregnant? Did you... know?" She looks at me with wide eyes again, concerned wide eyes.

"No, I didn't. I had no idea I was pregnant. The doctor said I was about 8 weeks and my body couldn't handle the pregnancy because of all the stress and exhaustion. I wasn't taking care of myself."

"Oh Maddy." She closes her eyes and shakes her head. "I'm so sorry. I don't really know what to say."

"It's okay, neither did my mom or Jungkook." I chuckle lightly to try and lighten up the mood.