Chapter 26

Warning: Minor smut at the very end of the chapter.

____________________________________

It's been about 2 weeks since I've been sick and I haven't vomited since, thankfully. I felt a little nauseous for about 4 days after, but I figured I had gotten food poisoning from eating at work or maybe had a small, but short, flu-like cold. Jungkook didn't get sick, though, thankfully.

All that was good, but things have been a little rocky with Jungkook. I don't know if it was the fact that I was more annoyed because I was sick or I was just more annoyed in general because he's been pissing me off.

It's like he'll be careless and lazy for a few days, I'll talk to him about it, he'll step up for a few days, and when I let my guard down, he goes back to being lazy and careless. It's like a routine at this point and I'm tired of it.

He was great when I was sick, but when the nausea went away, he went back to his old ways.
For example, just the other day I was on the phone with my mom and Jungkook interrupted me in a panic because he had forgotten to do laundry the night before and wash all of his work clothes and the only semi-clean ones were wrinkly. He had me iron his clothes and even though I've showed him how and explained it multiple times, he still couldn't figure out how to do it himself. Mind you, he had to leave for work in less than 10 minutes. 

Another prime example is when I asked him to get something for dinner for the following day, I told him to get some meat, something simple like chicken or steak, but it had to be that day so we can let it defrost and season it for the next day. However, he forgot and I had to go out after work. I was going to go food shopping the next day anyway so I didn't want to go two days in a row, but of course I had to.

I also can't forget about the fact that he lied to his parents about being kicked out. He said he moved out to give Jimin and his boyfriend space, which pissed me off because he made it sound like a mutual decision between me and him. He completely disregarded me and the fact that I was nice enough to let him live with me when I had every right to say no.

I'm getting really tired of him. I shouldn't have to keep talking to him to get him to act like an adult. I've had it. I act like I'm his fucking parent and it's not fair in the slightest.

Sometimes I feel like I'm asking for too much, but in reality, I'm definitely not. Asking him to iron his own clothes, go food shopping when I need him to, etc. are the things he agreed to help me with when he first moved in so it's not even like I'm asking for a lot. I'm asking the very bare minimum. 

~

After a long and draining shift, I head home with the intention of going to sleep and that's it. I wasn't interested in talking to Jungkook. Maybe just a little bit because a massage sounds pretty good right now.

My aching feet haven't gotten any better and if I'm not mistaken, they got worse. I can't really describe how, but they definitely hurt more and I've had to buy those cushions that you put on the inside of your shoes to help reduce the pain.

The only thing motivating me is knowing that school starts in about three weeks. That's it, three weeks. I'm in the home stretch and I won't have to keep working these long days anymore.

"Hey." Jungkook greets me at the door in his normal spot on the couch.

"Hi." I kick my shoes off and walk past him, not saying anything else.

I strip out of my work clothes and throw on a pair of underwear, my underwear because I didn't want to start anything, and a big t shirt that's also mine. I brush my teeth then head right to bed.