Chapter 5

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I roll over and shut off my alarm clock,  seriously contemplating whether I should just hit the snooze button or not. It's 11:00 AM, not even that early. Why am I so tired? Well, honestly, I didn't really sleep well last night. For no particular reason I can think of, it was just one of those nights where I could not fall asleep and stay asleep.

I rub my eyes and slowly climb out of bed. I zombie walk to the bathroom to pee then look in the mirror. My neck looks just as bad as it did yesterday. I groan. It's such a pain having to cover them up everyday, but it feels so damn good in the moment it's hard to stop.

I go back to sit on my bed and check my phone. Two messages from Dana, but surprisingly none from Jungkook. Then I remembered it's 11:00 AM and there's no way he would be up.

D: Let me know what your schedule looks like next week, so you can meet Taehyung!

D: And Jungkook's schedule too

M: Will do! I get my work schedule on Friday so I'll let you know then. And don't worry about Jungkook, if I'm free, odds are he is too

I'm actually really excited to meet this boy. Dana has been talking about him nonstop and I love hearing about him nonstop. Her last relationship ended pretty badly, so the fact that she met someone who makes her forget about that definitely earns some brownie points from me. She's been so supportive of me and my strange arrangement with Jungkook so it's only fair I do the same.

I stretch and groan, not wanting to think about going to work today. I'm so tired already and just not feeling the day. I strip of my clothes and throw them in the hamper. I walk to the bathroom and turn the shower on, waiting a few seconds for the water to get hot. Once it's at an acceptable temperature, I step in. I let the water wash over me, hoping it eases my tense muscles.

After washing my hair and my body I'm out of the shower. It's a lot quicker showering without Jungkook and normally I don't mind, but today it was nice to just get in and get out. I dry my body off and put my hair in a loose braid to let it hang off my shoulder. I slip on a pair of underwear and one of Jungkook's t-shirts that smells heavenly.

I go to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I pull out some Eggos waffles from the freezer and pop two in the toaster. I make some chocolate milk while I'm waiting for my waffles to be ready because I'm still a child. Once they're done I put them on a plate, smear some butter on them and drown them with syrup. I plop on the couch and turn on the tv. "Friends" reruns are on again and I don't protest. I eat my waffles in silence and watch tv.

After watching too many episodes, 1:15 PM rolls around and it's unfortunately time to get ready. I unwillingly take off Jungkook's sweet smelling shirt and throw it on my bed. I slip on a bra and search for my uniform. Once I spotted the maroon polo I sigh and put it on. I dig out a pair of black skinny jeans from my dresser and put those on too.

I walk to the bathroom and redo my braid so that it's tighter and falls down my back in a straight line. I go to town on my neck, having to do the same process everyday. At this rate I'm going to need to buy concealer at least once a week. After doing my best to cover it I slip on some deodorant and spritz some perfume. I brush my teeth and I'm ready to go. I grab my phone and go to the front door to slip on my black vans. I grab my keys, look in the mirror one last time and I'm out the door.

I put on my driving playlist and head to hell, I mean the restaurant.

As soon as I get there I do my daily routine of hating my life and dreading the day ahead of me. After sulking in my car for a few minutes I go inside. Great. My manager is already in a bad mood and is yelling at me the second I walk in the door. This is going to be the longest shift of my life.