Chapter 23

It's been about 3 days and Jungkook still hasn't heard anything about this job. We were both getting worried. We both had hope that it was going to work out and we knew that they would still call even if he didn't get the job so we at least knew he still had a chance.

"What if I don't get it? What am I gonna do?" Jungkook groans as he stares into his phone. I tangle my fingers in his hair as he's laying down on the couch and resting his head on my lap.

"Then we'll figure it out." He's more stressed than me which is completely valid. He hasn't really been complaining, more like venting. But it's all genuine because I know he really wants this job. He knows he needs one and he would want this job even if he wasn't in this situation.

"I know, Kookie." I massage his scalp with my fingers, trying to help him relax. I've been doing a lot these past few days to help him relax, a lot. Which I don't really mind, but I can't do this every single day for much longer.

He turns his head a little, pushing his face onto my lap and puts his arm around my legs to cuddle them closer to his face.

It's not even him being childish at this point, it's him being stressed and vulnerable. I hate seeing him like that, but there's nothing I can do.

He groans again, this time into my lap.

"Alright." I say gently and move the hair from his face so I can see his forehead. "There's nothing you can do, okay? You did everything you could. But I have a lot of faith in you. And if for some reason it doesn't work out, you keep trying. Okay?"

He looks up at me with soft, worried eyes.

"Okay. I'm sorry I know I'm being annoying but I'm so worried. I really want this. I want to prove that I'm not useless and I can do something right. I also want this for myself."

I looked at him with empathetic eyes. I, too, know what it's like to want something like that for myself and to show people I'm good at something. I know exactly where he's coming from and my heart aches for him.

"You're not useless, Jungkook. Don't say that about yourself. You're lazy, and annoying, and childish sometimes, but not useless. Plus you don't need a job to show that you're good for something. A job doesn't define you. It helps you gain experience and pay the bills."

His facial features relax from worriness and his lips form into a small smile.

"Thank you." He then kisses my exposed thighs, which was actually really cute.

"You're welcome. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true."

He closes his eyes and I massage his scalp for a few more seconds.

"Okay, I wanna take a shower before I see Dana later. I feel like I smell like pizza and sex."

"You do, but I like it."

I roll my eyes and he slowly sits up, letting go of his grip on my legs so I can get up.

"I'm gonna do the dishes." He offers and stands up.

"That would be great, thank you." I stand up and lean on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"You don't have to thank me." He rubs my back then walks to the kitchen.

I was very content, to say in the least. Not only do I get to shower alone, he's doing the dishes. I also get to see my best friend later, who I haven't seen in quite some time. It's partially my fault, well mainly my fault. All I've been doing was working, but finally I have a day off. And Jungkook is always here so it's been hard. She stayed over one night recently while he stayed in the guest bedroom. He was out of the way and I didn't see him that night besides when he made dinner and cleaned up after. But it wasn't the same and I was glad to have her over but I knew she still wasn't thrilled with Jungkook being right down the hall. Plus she felt a little awkward like she was kicking him out of his room or something in which I assured her that it's not his room, it's mine.