Chapter 31

School starts in just 3 days and I have almost everything ready. My books are ordered, I got all the supplies I could possibly need as per my mom, I have my parking pass, etc. The only thing I didn't do was go shopping for new clothes or anything. Which doesn't really matter to me, however, Dana insists on going and getting a whole new wardrobe. In which, I don't know how that's going to be possible because I haven't worked for the past two weeks and I'm milking the last paycheck I received until I go back to work, which is unfortunately pretty soon.

Dana is taking me shopping today and she insisted on picking up me to go to the mall instead of me meeting her there, which was nice of her to do.

~

I climb into her car when she arrives at my apartment, excited to just get out of the house. It's nice being taken cared of, really nice, but my mom insisting on me being housebound because she's worried about me. I know she's just worried about me, but I am capable of going out and doing things myself, especially because school starts in just a few days.

"Hey!" I greet Dana as I get into the car, hugging her in the process.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asks and waits until I'm buckled to start driving.

"I'm okay. I feel a lot better like physically. But I still feel a little weird, you know?" I do feel that my body recooperated, but I can't shake the emotions that still linger upon receiving the news of what happened.

"Yeah, that's valid. I'm so glad you're feeling better though."

"Me, too." I agree.

"Have you talked to Jungkook since?" She looked at me for a second then darted her eyes back to the road.

"Yeah, I've talked to him. Almost everyday, actually. But we haven't hung out since he moved out."

"I don't wanna make you upset because I know it was a little hard for you, but I'm glad he moved out."

"I know you are, and I get that." She was never happy about the fact that Jungkook was living with me and never failed to let me know. However, I do understand why and I think it's valid for her to feel that way.

"I just missed hanging out with you, you know? And yeah he didn't bother us when I came over, but I don't know, I just liked it better when he wasn't there." She shrugged.

"Yeah, my mom did, too." I chuckled. "But I can promise you that something like that isn't going to happen again. I can't do it again. It was nice having him there but it was also a lot of stress on me."

"It was and I don't think that was fair to you."

"Which I completely agree with. It wasn't fair, but he's doing a lot better than when he got kicked out and he managed to keep his job and so far from what he's told me, he's kept his promise to Jimin, too, as a roommate. Which is great."

"He's only doing better because of you. If you didn't push him and constantly nag him, who knows what would've happened." She said annoyed, but not at me. She was annoyed at the what ifs in this situation on Jungkook's part.

"I mean, it wasn't all me. He applied for jobs and went to interviews so he did that himself. I just helped." I would personally give him more credit, but I know Dana won't.

"Whatever." She shrugs and sighs. "But I'm happy I get to spend more time with you alone at your house, just like we used to." She smiled when she said that. Everything she's saying is valid and I do care about her feelings, but I do know that she's not too fond of Jungkook so she would never give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Me, too."

~

The mall was pretty packed today, of course, it was Saturday. We weren't able to get a parking spot anywhere near the front, so we had to walk a little bit, but I didn't mind. Dana on the other hand, complained just about the entire time it took us to ge to the entrance. I didn't mind or find it annoying, I knew she was joking so I just laughed.