"Y-You're paralyzed...from the waist down Dave."

Looking for a sign of his reaction, his jaw began to tighten and tears began to fall from his eyes. Pulling his head slowly to my chest, the tears turned louder and it soaked up my jacket.

"H-How will I ever get to function ever again? The shop? Warehouse? Taking care of Kairi and most importantly, providing for you? Parker please don't leave me...I-I love you and NEED you baby."

He began to lift his head up with a red face, burning tears, and sadness. This will be more of a challenge for him than it is for me.

"Baby I'll never leave you..not at a time like this. I'm sure Slime can take over the warehouse while Sean can look over the shop..I'm sure things will run smooth. Don't worry about Kairi, I'll take her to and from daycare. All I want is to be home with you."

My hand began to caress his cheek.

"All the money is gon have to go through therapy and you gon have a nigga who's in a fucking wheelchair...I'm so sorry to screw up ya life Parker," stopping him before he said more, my mouth opened.

"Don't feel sorry. We're gonna go through this together..that's how much I love you David Brewster," my lips curved, flashing him a smile.

"I just hate thinking negative in this situation, like some shit gon go down."

Lightly, his tongue brushed across his plump lips.

"Speaking of which, what caused the accident?" this was one question, I wanted a thorough answer to.

"When going over to Millie's I banged on the door waiting for an answer. Once the nigga finally opened up, I went ham on his face. Millie came down and I confronted her ass on what he be doing to Millie, so I told her ass that I'm going to court for full custody of MY daughter. Once I left to come back home, Sean called me and said something was going on down at the shop. Once I came off the nearest exit to turn around, I stopped at a traffic light along the way. As the light hit green, it was only a matter of seconds before getting hit..here I am."

I felt so bad knowing all of this happened...

"My question to you is, why did you try to stop me Parker? Are you taking sides for that EVIL ass nigga?" his tone began to seem very angry as it rose louder, piercing me with each word.

Pressing my hand against his chest, I spoke, "There is no need for me to take sides when I love you. Dave you've had run-ins with the police, I didn't want you to dig yourself up in any more trouble with what you're accomplishing. If you fall through with this court thing, Darrien can press charges against you for assault. Even worse if you loose the shop or wind back in jail. I'm trying to PROTECT you!"

Looking up at him, he turned away from me.

"Gone bout ya business mane..take Kairi home. I got too much on my mind."

"B-But Dave," he cut me off and began yelling.

"Parker fucking leave! I don't want ya ass here."

Trembling with fear, I got up and slowly made my way off the bed. Once making my way towards the door, looking back at him made me feel like I'm loosing part of the man I love. Closing the door behind me, I began to head back towards the waiting room.

Once I made my way back down, Kairi was sleeping in Regina's arms.

"How'd it go sis?" Sean stood up looking at me.

"I told him and now..who knows where we stand. There's more to it, but I'd rather not talk about it right now."

"Okay then, you gone head out now?"