Chapter Ten

Daniel P.O.V

It was a gym.

Rosalind was here.

And she was F**king fighting!

No. I was asleep. I pinched my hand but nope I'm definitely awake.

I stood there in shock as she roger punch after punch rolled out of the way then delivered some kicks with perfect precision.

“I apologize about my daughter. I try to stop it. Rosalind is a lady and not supposed to do this. "

I just stood there. The nerd knows Karate? How? Ugh so many flipping questions.  Sarah's voice interrupted my thoughts.

“Rosalind Bella Lilly Adams! Stop this right now! "

Her head shot toward her mothers, then to me. Shit.

“What is he doing here?"

“Rosalind. Manners. James lets go to the kitchen. I will let you two talk but go to your room and be nice!"

“Yes Mum  ..."

Whoa strict mum, can I just get an awkward.

I followed a sulking Rosalind up 2 flights of stairs. Still not taking because I had no idea what to say.

She stopped outside a door.

“This is my room. No one has been in it for years other than me. So don't touch anything. Understood? "

I mock saluted and smirked.

I'm not sure what I was expecting. I think I expected a huge mess some bookie also expected it to be a dark small space.

Oh how I was wrong.

The room was light, a cream colour on the wall. There was an oak four poster bed against one wall. There were fairy lights all around her bed. There was a small table next to her bed with a lamp and book half open on.

There was a large window at one side of here room. It had a desk facing out toward it full of papers. In the corner there was a seat suspended from the ceiling covered in pillows.  There was a mirror on the wall too.

I walked in stunned. I turned round to face the door. There was a TV. on the wall and some book shelves. Not as many as I thought there would be.

“I know it is not much but it's my room.”

“Wow. It's not what I expected. But it's nice. "

That was the truth it is. She seemed shocked by my compliment.

“Let me add though, where do you keep your clothes? I don't see a wardrobe. "

“Well done captain obvious." She walked round her huge room near the swinging seat. She pointed to two doors.

“That is where I keep my clothes.”

She then pointed to the other door.

“And that is where I have my books."

“What. You keep you books hidden away. But there in the wall?"

Ugh look. She opened the door and steeped in. I mean literally stepped through the door. Stunned I followed after her.

If my mouth could open and wider it did.

It was a small room, Filled with books. Each wall had a floor to ceiling high book case on and they were all full. The floor was carpeted with pillows and bean bags placed there. This is the thing I expected just not that many books there must be 100s if not 1000s. There was also loads of medals and different coloured belts hung up.

I walked back into her room and sat down she then copied my action.

I needed the truth now. Enough of being formal. I was not leaving until Mrs.Nerdy explained

“Ok. Explain. “Was all I said? It was enough to make the shy nerd spill.