Chapter Seven

Soon enough it was lunch time. I walked from physics to my locker to meet Lilly. To tell the truth I was nervous, well I have not had a friend in years...

I stood by my locker for a while. Lilly hadn't arrived. I was starting to think she had ditched me. Until she came charging down the corridor and up to me. Lilly sounded out of breath.

“Oh my God. I'm really sorry, I was a while. I got kept behind in biology to be given some material to catch up on. "

“No worries, it's fine. I'm glad you came, I just started to think you had left me...”

“Why would I when your one of the only nice people in this school. Ha-ha. So which way to music. "

“This way.”

I walked down toward music being bombarded with questions from Lilly about school and who's a bitch and what not.

We finally arrived at practice room five. I unlocked the door with my key. I had already explained that this room was unused and practically mine.

Lilly stepped in and I turned on the light. If it was possible Lilly's smile grew!

“Whoa! This place is amazing! I play guitar, and this place is like heaven! How many instruments do you play?"

“Um, Violin, piano, guitar, vocals and flute.”

“That’s so cool! So you play all those instruments and you have time to study because I can tell you’re really smart. Do you do anything else cool? "

I made my way to the couch and sat next to Lilly.

“If I tell you something, you have to keep it a secret. Even if we do not stay friends. "

“Eek.” She clapped. And I was very confused. “You trust me enough to tell a secret, even though we met this morning. I knew you were going to be my best friend. Yes! I will keep it your secrets. All of them and if something disastrous happens I will not spill. "

I don't know why but I really trusted Lilly. I wanted tell her about the Martial Arts and my life so I had someone to talk about it with.

“I’m one of the best people in the country at Martial Arts.” I got out in a huff.

“What?”

“I can do most Martial Arts at a black belt standard and I'm the champion at karate.”

“Ok. Let me admit. I was not expecting that. And let me also say WOW! That is so, so cool! I wish I knew something like that but that is amazing!"

“So you’re not scared of me? You’re not going to run away like everyone else?"

“Hell No! That is stupid if you think that. But if you can kick ass, then why do you let yourself get bullied?"

“Well...Everyone at this school thinks I'm just a poor nerd. It means don't get much attention apart from bullying. However my parents are very rich. That's how I got into school. I am a nerd. I love books, I love good grades and I like being invisible. However I'm a nerd who Knows Karate. “I said with a smile.

“Well, that's clever. I see what you’re doing. I just admire you for it. I guess it's my turn to spill. My parents are also rich. We also live in a huge house. I also love books. However my family move about a lot and I never get time to settle. You’re the only person I really want to be close to and I can now because I am staying here till I finish school!"

“Yes! That's great. "

We stand up and give each other a hug. We had a lot of things in common, she even liked books!

“Hey, do you want to go shopping tonight after school?”

I really wanted to go but I couldn't because of my stupid project with Daniel.

“I’m really sorry but I have to do a history project with Daniel...”

“Wait as in bad boy Daniel?"

“The one and only...”

“Wow. You’re so lucky!"

“Excuse me? We hate each other. "

“Ok, ok but he is really hot.”

“Yes. I will admit that. "

"Yes!"

“Hey. Do you want to go shopping tomorrow then come back to mine?" I asked Lilly. I'm sure my Mum would want me to go out anyway.

“Oh my days! Yes I would love to. "

Lilly was so full of life and bubbly. It was a nice change and she brings out the best in me. We spent the rest of lunch chatting about what we wanted to buy and wear.

The bell interrupted us and so it left me 3 periods away from Daniel. Joy!