Chapter 18

Rosalind's POV

Wow. I was not expecting that! His voice was rough and slightly sharp, but I was drawn to the sound. And the song choice was unexpected. The way it sounded embarrassingly had me in tears. Let’s not speak of it again.

“Anyways. Why did you need me in the first place again?" I asked relieved to lift the silence.

“Well Nerdy, like I said earlier, my bed and room has water on it. Much like yourself because it has leaked in."

I looked down and blushed I was dripping wet and cold. I forgot a coat or umbrella. I swear I don't own a brain cell sometimes.

“Well the other rooms are being redone so you can sleep on the sofa, ha-ha!" I laughed a lot...

“Well. Miss Nerd come see for yourself. "

He pulled me toward the door and grabbed the umbrella.

“Rose, this umbrella is mine where is yours?" Daniel mocked.

“Wow... you’re so funny. My side's hurt I'm laughing so much."

He strode outside looking smug. I just gave up too and slowly walked into the bouncing rain.

I was dripping in seconds. By the time I got to the door, I looked like I could be rung out and I had just climbed out of a cold bath. Even Mr cocky umbrella man was wet. As soon as useful stepped in the door I sighed in relief as did Daniel. Well payback time. I looked at the towering giant and gave him a particular wet hug. Karma is a birch. Ha-ha.

“No we you're wet get off." Daniel said in disgust. I laughed but did so.

“Let’s see this room then.”

I needed to get changed soon before I froze to death.

Daniel led the way in silence. We eventually got to his room and yep he was right. It was soaked and I was also correct.  It was hilarious.

After much verbal abuse from Daniel I went down to the adults to get their advice.

We stepped in the laughter filled room and everyone stopped. My Mum looked at me in disgust and shock.

“Rosalind! Your dress!" Oops. Forgot about that.

“Yeah um the well um, it’s raining. Have you noticed? “Oh no I feel a rant coming on  ...

“Rain is wet, it's like tears from the sky. It's all the water from the ground-" Just as I was about to nervously about to explain precipitation to everyone Daniel spoke up.

“I needed Rosalind to get me some homework and it was outside and she insisted I had the umbrella so it was my fault.”

My mums face softened. Thank God.

“Oh it's no worries sweetie.”