Chapter 42.5

Ruvel's P.O.V

When the police put Sky in the car, I ran out of the door and tried to chase after the car. I got about 15 yards before a police officer grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. "NO, LET ME GO! YOU CAN'T LET HIM TAKE HER!" I yelled as they drag me back to the orphanage. Zoe was standing at the door with open arms. I ran into her and cried. "I-I was supposed to protect her. She went to m-me when she saw her dad a-and I d-d-didn't help her..."

The following months were a living hell. Girls were trying to date me and I was spending most of my time in her room. Killer was always there for support. He was such a love bug. Through out the years, I stopped pretending like I was ever going to get to see her again. I just couldn't handle it. That's when I ended up in the hospital.

The one here in twin was low on staff and couldn't see me through recovery after I woke up, so they sent me to one in a neighboring city. It only took about two weeks since my injuries weren't that bad. I was told that I could leave when my mom called to give permission. So I waited and then, something I never expected happened. It was Sky. I guess she doesn't remember what I look like, but I don't blame her. She sat down and asked me what I wantes her to draw. I said a diner, black pitbull, Mario Kart, and finally her boyfriend. She dropped her stuff in shock. I stood up and she jumped into my arms. I smiles and kissed her head. That was the best day of my summer.