Chapter 19

We got there and the first thing I heard was a kind voice saying hello. I looked to the source to find Ethan's mom standing in their kitchen. "Hey, mom. These are some of my friends from school. Meet Sky and Ruvel. They were gonna Han out for a little if that's okay." Ethan calmly said. His mom said okay and we went to the living room. "So, why do you need to hide?" He bluntly asked.

"We're running from my abusive mom. She came to the Orphanage and wants to adopt Sky. I'm not letting her take Sky." Ruvel growled with just a dash of rage. I leaned m head on him and sighed.

"I don't want to get adopted with Kelly either," I added, "She only wants me because I'm a pushover and will do what she wants."

"Well, why don't you guys tell the head of the Orphanage that she is abusive. She would never let them adopt you then." That was actually a good idea. I don't get why we didn't think of that.

"That's a great idea! I still have a few scars from when she threw some beer bottles at me." Ruvel said. I grabbed his hand, said thank you to Ethan's mom and went back to the house.

When we got there, we saw mom waiting for us outside. "Mom! They can't take Sky with them," Yelled a hopeful Ruvel, "I know who these people are and they are very abusive. I was their child. I can show you the scars I have from when she threw beer bottles at me!" He finished. She had a look of concern and confusion.

"Well I never! I better call the police. She has Kely already at their house. I don't want her to get hurt." She said as she rushed to a phone. I looked at Ruvel with concern as well.

"Oh, right. Story time! So you know those dreams that make me throw up? Those are flashbacks to my past life. When I thought I was help in my mom to get away from my abusive dad and she started abusing me. When she got taken away for hold abuse, I ran from the police and got away from them. That's the summary of my life right there." I hugged him and rubbed his back in comfort.

Ruvel's P.O.V

We walked up to the dorms and sat on my bed just cuddling. It was starting to get dark and the dinner bell hadn't rung yet. I looked at Sky to see her peacefully resting on shoulder. J easily picked her up a d walked down to the main entrance. Mom was still talking with the police o  the phone, so I took her out of the house and to a food place named Rex's. She woke up about half way there and started freaking out about something. "Woah  Hey it's okay Sky." I said as I stopped walking. She was tearing up and I just hugged her to my chest. "What's wrong Sky?" I asked her.

"You know the dreams you have? I get them too and their not as undetailed as yours. Mine is everything I felt and thought and said, everything." I forgot that I still didn't know her story, but I don't care. We got to Rex's and ordered food. We sat down and talked about random stuff.