Chapter 16

Ruvel's P. O. V

The lights turned off and we made out way to the dorms. We got into PJS and laid down in our own beds. She went out like a light when she hit her bed. Cute. As I tried to sleep, I watched her. Then someone startled me. I jumped and turned around to see Ashton. "What are you doing up, Ruvel?"
"I could ask you the same thing, go to sleep. I was trying to until you scared me." She made an oh sound and left. I rolled over and continued to watch Sky. Why am I acting like this?

I stopped thinking about the reasons I'm acting the way I am when I realized that Sky wasn't in her bed anymore. She was instead right in front of me. "Are you okay, Handsome? You haven't slept all night." I didn't want anyone to hurt her while I wasn't watching her.

She was so sweet and smart and everything anyone would ever want in a girl. She perfect. "Hey, Beautiful, can I sleep with you? If not that's okay. I just-" She laid down facing me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and the moonlight hit her face just right to where I could see that she was blushing a little. I smiled and hugged her closer. She cuddled into my chest and rested her face in the crook of my neck. I smiled and closed my eyes. This moment was perfect. I love moments like this. After about an hour we were both out like a light and I had a really weird dream. I was a little kid again. A normal kid with a normal life and a loving mom and dad. My dad was playing catch with me then all of a sudden, the scene changed. I was about ten and I was watching my dad hit my mom. In my hand was a phone with the number 911 showing on the screen. I could hear sirens in the distance.

They took my dad away after restraining my mom from running after him. When they left, she turned around and stomped over to me. She slapped me in the face. "What did I do wrong" I asked myself. I though I was doing a good thing. Then, the scene changed again. The final scene was of my running away from police as they took my mom away for child abuse. I had no Idea how I could outrun them in my condition. I was very malnourished and bruised. I bolted straight up out of bed. I knew that chilling dream all too well. That was my life up to this point.

Sky's P.O.V

I felt the bed shift a little and woke to find Ruvel sitting on the bed with his hands in his hair and his head between his legs. He must have had a bad dream. I rubbed his back and he looked up. "Hey, It's okay. I'm here for you." Right when I said those words he got up and ran to the guys bathroom. He knew I didn't care if I got caught in there. I ran after him and found him in one of the stalls throwing up. "Handsome, what's going on." I asked him. His hair was held back by his hands. I went behind him and put a hair tie in place of his hands. He finished and  looked up at me with tears in his eyes. I pulled him up and helped him get cleaned up. After that, I sat him on his bed and got him a glass of water. "Are you okay, Ruv?" I asked. He shook his head yes.

"This happens a lot. I have a recurring dream and when I wake up, I feel so scared that I throw up." He said with a smile at the end. His face was very pale and I sat on his lap. He held me for a little then we both went to sleep holding each other.