Chapter 1

Hi I'm Sky. I'm fifteen and an orphan. I'm not like all the other girls in the orphanage, that's why I've been bullied all my life. Today is my birthday and I'm in the bathroom with cuts on my arms. We were going to get a new kid here today. Great I thought, another person to bully me. I'm the only girl here that doesn't make myself look like humanoid Barbie dolls. "Everyone come to the main entrance. The new child has arrived!"

We walked down to the entrance and the new kid, Ruvel, was there. He, like all the other boys were soon surrounded by all the other girls. I stood in back of everything, watching. "Oh, you're so cute! How old are you? Same!" All of the girls here were around the same age. Some are twelve, some are thirteen, this place ranges in ages ten to eighteen. He was 15, the same age as me and the biggest humanoid Barbie there was. Her name was Kelly. He saw me and asked who I was. "Oh she's just a fat girl who has no friends. "I wasn't fazed by what she said, I simply walked up the stairs to the dorm.

Ruvel's P.O.V

I walked in to a giant group of girls that looked so horrible that I thought no one would ever date them. They swarmed me and asked a lot of questions, but my mind was o  the one girl who didn't look like a doll or run up to question me. She was a girl with thick hair and hetero chromic eyes.

"Who is that?" I asked. The girl named Kelly glared at her and said "On that's just a fat girl with no friends." The girl, yet to be named walked off and I couldn't get away from these girls. After I heard a bell ring, everyone walked into a dining hall. A week before I came here, I asked the owner of this place if anyone's birthday was coming up. I don't know who's it is, but I really hope it was worth it.

Sky's P. O.V

Why was he interested in knowing who I was? In thought on this as I bandaged the cuts on my arms. I heard the bell for breakfast and walked down. I sat at the front of the table because it was my birthday. As usual, I had almost no presents. I had one from the 'mom' here. Also one from some mystery person. I opened the unknown person's present first.

Oh my god! It was the thing I was wanting all year. It was a pair of headphones with cat ear speakers. "Whoever got these for me thank you, thank you, thank you!" Miss Collien rose and asked for whoever bought these, to stand up. Everyone except one person stood up. I knew nobody that stood bought these for me, they all hate me. The only person that didn't stand was the new kid. I made eye contact with him and mouthed thank you to him. He mouthed back a replied. I wasn't very good at reading lips but he said you're welcome girly.

The next present from mom was a card with 100 dollars in it. I hugged her and said thank you. Since my head was right next to her ear, I told her who really bought the present. She said that she already knew about it. She was the one that told him what I liked a week before. I thanked her again and we ate breakfast. She said that everyone else was to go and buy something of my choice as a birthday gift.

I loved when the mom took a liking to me and said that you can't touch any of my stuff or you have to buy me something. This rule went into play this year, so none of them believed her. They all got really mad, saying that they helped pay for Ruvel's gift. They finally gave up on trying to get out of this. Then they all took out there phones and tried to order what they were given online. Mom went around and picked all of their phones out of there hands. "She will have all of those items by the end of today!"

They tried to get Ruvel to go with them. He smirked and said, "No I'm gonna stay and get settled in. You guys go have fun!" They filed out of the house and I slammed the door in there faces. "Wooh! No Barbies for a whole day!" I started walking up to the dorms when Ruvel grabbed my arm. "Hey, I never caught your name." I stopped," I never threw it to you. I think it's best if you didn't know it. If you really want to know, ask mom."

I finished walking to my bed and saw that the boys were  nowhere to be seen. I sat on my bed and smiled. If he didn't want to get to know me he would have most likely went with Kelly and the others. I fell asleep with my headphones on and the hundred dollars in my pocket. It was the best sleep I've gotten all year.