Chapter 2

I woke up to a small bell sound. It was time for lunch. On birthdays, we get to eat pizza and soda. I'm really not hungry, but I don't want my food to go to waste. I was walking down the stairs and got light headed. I fell the rest of the way down and sat there for a minute. Ruvel ran to the front entrance when he heard me yelp in pain. I was trying to get up, but my knee hurt really bad. He walked over to me and jumped the four stairs that were left. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

He looked up at me and saw that I had tears streaming down my face and pressing my lips together so hard that they were turning white. He wiped the tears of my eyes and picked me up. Mom was in the dinning hall already and ran over with an ice pack when she saw my knee. I ate a slice of pizza and a cup or two of sprite. Ruvel sat across from me and wasn't eating anything.

"Hey, you need to eat something Ruvel....... You didn't eat anything for breakfast." He smiled and said," Mom only got one pizza so I'm waiting till you're done getting food. I mean it is your birthday." I smiled a little and joked," Because I'm gonna really eat a whole pizza by myself?" I didn't noticed that Ashton was back. She had a bag of clothes that would never fit me and another bag. She threw the bag at me. "I've seen you do it before, fatty." I looked down and closed my eyes. I felt like I was soon to be alone here again.I got up with the bag and said thank you. I walked out of the room and up to the dorms.

Ruvel's P.O.V

After Sky left without saying anything, I stood up to follow her, but Ashton  grabbed my arm. "Hey, hot stuff. How about you and I hang out together now. Well since fatty got her feelings hurt." She smiled and tried to push me back into the chair. Before she made contact with me, I moved out of the way and she fell forwards. "Sorry Ashton, but I'm not really into barbies." I started walking towards the door, but the door opened and Ashley, another girl, walked in. She dropped everything and blocked my way.

After getting past an armada of about 5 girls with Starbucks in there blood, I ran up to the dorms. I closed the door and locked it. I sat on my bed and closed my eyes. I was trying to find a bed here that wasn't taken and found that about one third of that beds in the place were empty. I put my stuff on a bed in the corner and laid down for a minute. I heard crying and water running from somewhere in the room, so I tried to find its source.

Sky's P.O.V

I was in the bathroom doing my painful habit again. I had a box cutter blade in my hand and small little words all our the inside of my left arm. I rinsed my arm and dried it. I was about to pull my sleeve down, but a hand grabbed my right one. I got scared and gripped the box cutter tighter. "Hey it's okay. It's just me, Ruvel." I let go of it was fell to the floor.

"I can't believe that they treat you like that." Ruvel sat next to me on the floor, wrapping my cuts. I was still scared about this. I don't trust him at all. "It's okay, they do this all the time. You'll  do that to me eventually." He had a look of shock on his face. "Sky, I will never do that to you ever." I turned my head and tackled him. "I know that you won't last here if you talk like that around the dorms, got it?" He shook his head yes.

"Hello, anyone there?" It was Kelly.... I jumped off of him and ran I to a stall. She walked in and saw him on the floor. "What are you doing in here? I don't mind it but the other boys might." She walked over to the stall I was in. Great, I forgot that she got pissed off when anyone used this stall. She claimed it as hers and everyone respected that. Every one besides me. I stood  on the toilet and looked at her, " Hello barbie where'd Ken go off to? Oh is he getting you another gallon bag of makeup?"

She gasped and said," How dare you! Get out of my stall now!" I laughed. She won't be able to get me because she won't touch the bathroom floor without a hazmat suit on. And even then she would gag with every move she made. 'Why? Do you want to hide from your problems as always?" She got so mad she got on the floor and crawled under the stall. "Oh my god! A devil has this Barbie possessed!'" I jumped the top of the door, grabbed Ruvel and ran.

"What are we running from? She won't run in heels, will she?" I looked back and gave him a look like, oh yeah right. He looked behind us and sure enough, Kelly was running after us. I still don't know who she can run in those lady stilts but some how she can.

We ducked into a janitor's closet and Kelly ran straight past us. I just stayed still until Ruvel grabbed my arm again. "Hey, we can go now. She is gone. I flinched because he grabbed my forearm where the cuts were. "Oh I'm so sorry!" He let go and hugged me. He gained more of my trust as we just sat there. He didn't try to pry out my life story or anything, we just sat there and talked for I don't know how long.

We heard the bell for dinner ring and he got up. "Well, princess sky. Shall I escort you to your birthday dinner?" I laughed and took his hand, "Why of course, my good sir!" We decided on the way to the dinning room that the smell of the closet made us loopy. He opened the door and I walked in with him. Everyone was back and staring at us as we walked to the only two open seats. Of course they would make Ruvel sit next to Kelly. Oh wait, as I sat down he took his chair and moved it next to me. I stared at Kelly, who was making a face at me, and smiled mockingly.

She glared at me and I didn't pay much attention. Our "Mom" walked in and everything became silent. She walked over to Ruvel's seat and said," Ruvel, You have to sit somewhere else because only the birthday girl can sit at the head of the table." He looked at me and I said to Mom, " He can sit here if he wants, I don't mind." She walked away and dinner began.