Chapter 23

AA/N: Shutout to WarKingLeo for the support and advice. Go check him out if you haven't.

Ruvel's P.O.V

I shrugged it off and so did Sky. We ate our food really fast and left for our new school. As we walked I kept glancing at Sky. She was so adorable when she left her bangs out of her ponytail. She was wearing a Hufflepuff tank top, a pair of boot-cut jeans, and her usual grey high top Air-Walks. She had an earbud in her left ear and I could faintly hear the music. I smiled because she was smiling for once. A true real smile. Even after all the shit she's been through, she can still give a smile that can light up any room.

I suddenly decided to take hold of her hand, intertwining out fingers together as we waited at a traffic light. She looked and me then at our hands. She didn't protest to it but she did have a small blush creeping over her face. I smirked as the cross walk light turned green and we walked across the street still holding hands. As we got to the school, I spotted an old friend of mine. Ash Ponnet was his name and he was very gay. I immediately shouted out his name. He turned around to see me and Sky, trying to hide behind me. I laughed and started walking faster. 

"So, you leave for two years without a word and now you're back with a girlfriend? Teach Mark how to do that bro." Ash chuckled. I laughed and wrap an arm around his neck.

"Sky, this is Ash. I was friends with him when I went here a few years ago. He's gay." I happily said.

"How gay?" She asked.

"Almost too gay to function." I laughed. (I quoted "Mean Girls", so what?) The three of us walked into the small building and put our stuff down at a table. Sky looked a little nervous so I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"Aww, look at you two lovebirds!" Ash jokingly said.

"I-um... We aren't dating. Right?" Sky asked me. I smiled at her and booped her nose.

"Only if you want to, beautiful." I said. She blushed and I smirked. She playfully punched me and I started full blown laughing. She jumped when I put my hand around her waist and I hugged her closer to me. Some teachers blew their whistles signaling that it was time to go to class and Sky looked at her schedule to see where she went. " Are you in 9A or 9B?" I asked her.

"9A, you?" She asked me.

"I'm in 9B. oh well, See you in an hour and a half, Sky!" I said excitedly. I'm finally in a place that had felt like home to me for a few years of my life. I walked into English to see that my favorite teacher was still here, only she was teaching 6th grade when I left here. I walk over to her to see where to sit and she immediately recognized me. "Ruvel! Oh, its so good to see oyu again sweetie! You are going to sit next to mari for now, Okay?" Mrs. Huber asked. Ugg, I really don't like Mari. When I was here she would follow me around and never stopped bugging me. She had a major crush on me and by the way she's looking at me, I think she still does.  That class went by slowly with a few times that Mari decided to try and flirt with me. Mrs. Huber excused us and we went to break.