Chapter 5

Sky's P. O. V

I woke up in the morning to the morning bell. I got Ruvel up and gave him his uniform. "You can find some really cool polo shirts online for like 10 dollars and the school cant do anything about it because it's still a polo shirt."  I went to the bathroom and changed into my shirt and khaki colored skirt. I walked down to breakfast and grabbed a toaster strudel. I also grabbed Ruvel a English muffin with an egg and ham in it.  He said he likes them. He had his backpack with him as he walked down the steps and I handed him his breakfast.

"Wow, he must be really generous to walk to school with the heterochromic hippo."  I looked back to see Alice laughing at me and I noticed that my skirt was caught in my underwear. I blushed and quickly fixed it.  I walked out the door without saying another word. I looked over to Ruvel to see what he was doing and he was eating his breakfast.  "Oh shoot! I forgot my breakfast in the toaster."  He broke his muffin thing in half and gave me one half.

"Here, I'm not gonna eat the whole thing in front of you when your the one that made it.  Plus your hungry so that's good too."  I said Thank you and took a bite.  It tastes so good. I just finished as we arrived at school. He stood in confusion as I ran over to a tree and dove into the grass again. "Hey, shouldn't we go inside?" I laughed and smiled.

"Well,  I normally leave early so I don't have to deal with the barbies." Ruvel walked over to me and sat down. "Well that makes sense.  Why do they hate you so much?" I looked down and said, "The reason they hate me so much is because when I came to the house and mom told them about my story, They thought I was going to get all the attention from the boys because they look for toughness in girls.  That is why they hate me."

"Well what is your story?" He scooted closer to me and  I leaned on his shoulder "I really don't want to talk about that.  I will explain it to you later. I promise." He put his arms around me and I smiled. "Thanks for understanding, Ruv." I booped him on the nose and he smiled. Then,  he suddenly looked up. "Sky,  you might want to button up your polo."  I looked down to find d that the three buttons in my shirt were unbuttoned.

I quickly fixed it and heard the doors to the school open. He let go of me and got up. Then after me reassuring him that I wasn't gonna pull him down,  he pulled me up. As we were walking in,  Amy came up behind us. "Gees,  Ruvel.  You must be really strong to be able to pull that pig off of the ground. Even if that is where she belongs."  I got so mad that I walked over to her and pushed her into the ground.

"Actually,  that's where you belong." I walked away and heard Ruvel burst out laughing. He caught up with my at my locker.  "Hey, can you help me find my locker?"  He told me the number and I pointed to the locker next to mine. "There you go." He looked at the locker and smiled. "Well, looks like we are doing everything together. I took the liberty of asking the principal what classes you have and we have a lot of classes together."

"Okay then. Just don't tell any of the girls at the orphanage. They will freak out and try to change all of their classes to ours."  He said he wouldn't and with that we went to class. I sat down and he sat next to me. It was math and I sucked in this class. "Sky, who is this?" Asked Mrs Massie. I stood up, " Mrs. Massie, this is my friend, Ruvel." She looked at me and then to Ruvel. "How good are you at math, Ruvel?" He stood up and bragged, "I'm a grade A and student in math,  ma'am. I know how to do high school math." She looked at me and smiled.

"Sky, you keep a good relationship with him because your sitting next to him for the rest of the year." I looked at him and we made eye contact and  laughed.  "I think I can do that."  She sat us down and showed us how to do the lesson.  "I don't get this at all."  Apparently Ruvel heard me because he looked over and said. "I know an easier way to do this if you want me to show you how."

Most of my classes went like that,  except for home etc and art. He was a mess at those subjects. But I excelled at those classes.  Today in home ETC we were learning how to make a cake.  I had already finished mine.  I looked over to see how Ruvel was doing.  He was failing. "You need some help?" He laughed and said, "Is it that obvious?" I smiled at him and said, "You are lucky I made two." My oven beeped and I took the cakes out. He came over with piping bags and some bowls. Alyssa came over and started to hand all over Ruvel.

"Hey baby why are you working with this fatty?" I looked away and started filling the bowls with the ingredients for the frosting.  "She is not fat.  Who are you?"  Second laughed.  "I'm the second most popular girl group in the school." She purposely bumped into me and I knocked over one of the cakes. "Look how clumsy she is. Come and use my cake, I'll make another one." He moved her over to her station and walked back to me.

"Do we have time to make another cake?" I looked at the clock. "Yeah but you need to start decorating your cake." I gave him his the cake and he started decorating. After I made the second cake and let it cool, I started decorating.