chapter 21

He was so cute. His hair was down, but I could see his deep grey eyes and his scar. His blood red hair was perfectly shaping his features and you could easily see his industrial. (If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's a piercing) He was amazing on the outside, but even more so on the inside. He was always so caring and funny, but at the same time he was shy and secretive. He is just so-

Ruvel's P.O.V

She is just so amazing. Her personality is very easy to fall in love with, her smile could light up any room. Her looks could kill anyone. Her laugh is like the most amazing composition of music you could ever hear. No matter what happens to her, she always comes back to being the Sky I know and love. She will always be the light in my darkness. I love her brown hair and her dark green and icy blue eyes. She is just so perfect. I didn't notice that we were both staring at each other. We both looked away and blushed really bad. I heard the dinner bell and walked out of the room. It was about five minutes later that I saw Sky. She looked a little shaken up from something. I didn't want to make a scene about it so I let her eat her food in peace. We both got up to put our dishes in the sink as mom walked into the room. She walked over to me and stopped me right before I went into the kitchen.

 "Don't let Sky go anywhere without you, Ruvel. I mean anywhere. Her dad just came in here and tried to take her away from the house. He is not allowed to see her or be anywhere near her because of the charges against him. Don't tell her I told you anything though, Okay?" She asked with a worried tone in her voice.

"Okay, Ma'am. I wont let her anywhere out of my sight." I said. She sighed and walked out of the room. Sky was walking out of the room so I quickly rinsed my dishes and ran after her. She was going up the stairs when she saw me. She stopped and right when I got up to her, the door opened. It was a man with black hair, brown eyes, and about 6ft 5in. He had an empty beer bottle in his hand and was murmuring  something under his breath. Sky started shaking more violently and I knew exactly why. It was her father. I yelled for mom and picked Sky up bridal style and started climbing the rest of the stairs. I got her to her room and heard the sound of footsteps coming from down the hallway. I put her in her room and locked the door. Sky was hyperventilating really bad. I took her hand and put it on my chest. 

"Wh-what are y-y-you doing?" Sky asked. 

"Try to match your heart beat with mine, Okay. Don't worry about anything else. Just focus on my heart beat." She shook her head yes and I took my phone out. I called mom and told her to get up here as fast as she could and she replied back with saying that she would be up there after she was done with the dishes. 

TEXT

R: NO, mom you need to get here now. Sky's in trouble.

M: What kind of trouble?

R: I think her dad is back. Some guy came in the house and now he is banging on her door.

M: I'm coming up now.

END

She was on her way, good. Sky was still trying to match her breathing to mine. It wasn't working. I stopped her and held her tight to me. He was banging harder and I didn't know if the door could hold him. I took Sky and hid her in her closet. Then I waited by the open window so If he got in, I could say that she went out the window. Sky's window was near a tree branch that could hold her, so he would most likely believe it.

He stopped banging at the sound of sirens and many loud footsteps coming from the staircase.

"Don't think this is over ya little bitch!" He yelled at Sky. He ran through the hallways until he finally got out of the house without being caught by the police.