Chapter 10

My next class was creative writing. I walked in and noticed a girl there before me. That was odd. Normally I was always the first person in all of my classes. The bell rang and everyone trickled in. "Alright, class. today we will be working on a new project," Mr. Dewberry said in a southern accent,"You will have to work in partners. You can pick them, but you have two weeks to finish this project." He gave us the rest of the class to find a project on the list, a partner, and start on our project. I went up to him as well as the new girl and we simultaneously yelled at him.

"I work alone!" I looked over at her and she looked pretty cool. She had reddish hair, amazing make up that I could never do in my life. She had a choker with a moon on it, and a pair of dark blue flats. Her shirt had something form Spirited away on it (If you don't know what this is, you don't get a cookie...yet.) and some torn black jeans.

The teacher looked at the both of us and calmly said, "Now, I do not tolerate yelling in my class. But, since you both don't have anyone to work with, you two can work together." Are. You. Kidding. ME! I looked over to her again and she was gone. I looked around the class and saw that she was looking at the project list. I walk over to her and sigh.

"We could do this one. Can you draw?" She asked all friendly like.

"Yeah, can you write a realistic story?" I questioned.

"Yeah, let's do it. Do you want to get together sometime after school today and work on the story line?"she smiled. She was really good at working with other people for working alone.

"My house is only a ten minute walk from here if you want. Although it's not really a house." I stated. She said okay and texted her parents to tell them that she was working on a project with a friend. As she finished that, The bell rang. I walked to the lunch room and sat in my usual place in the corner at an old desk.

Ruvel's P.O.V

As I walked to lunch in my gym clothes because I hate changing in front of people, I overheard Bryan, another boy from the orphanage, was bugging a girl that had reddish hair. "you don't talk that much, do ya?" he said as he was taking her lunch tray. I walked over to them as fast as I could and pushed myself in between them.

"Leave her alone, Bryan, you don't even know her." I said. He laughed and smirked.

"What are you gonna do about it if I don't, scrawny?" Without thinking, I grabbed the food tray form him and kicked him in the balls. I gave the girl back her food and stepped on his hand on the way to sit somewhere. I saw Sky in the corner and walked over to her.

"Hey, how's your day so far?" I asked a girl with a 'I am so done with today' look.

"Well, I found my necklace, I made a new friend, And I hate this school."