Chapter 14

That's great. We sit down and order our food. I took a twenty dollar bill from my wallet and Ruvel stopped me. "But, you bought it last time. I don't want to make you pay again." He laughed and shoved my money back into my wallet. I huffed and let him think he won.

"So, what do you want to get? I'm getting a steak." I stared at him in shock.

"You do know that one steak takes up one whole plate with no room for anything else, right?" He looked shocked as well. "Oh, and I was thinking about the same thing. Although I never finish one." He laughed.

"Then, I guess we'll have to share one." He said. We ordered and They brought the steak out with a milkshake. There was a note with the shake. It read ' To the girl who's been through a lot. Be strong.' I looked and saw the waitress that gave us our food was the same one who's seen me lose my friends throughout the years. She was like an unknown friend to me. I smiled and she smiled back. And just when I thought today was gonna be okay, that guy came over to our booth. He sat in the opposite side of the table as us.

"So, how's it going? What ya doin' with a slut like her?" He said. The words didn't faze me because I knew he was trying Kelly's plan. I kept eating and so did Ruvel.

"I'm sorry, I don't care about your input. I know your plan with Kelly because I overheard you as she was using her barbie doll looks on a doufes like you. So, leave us alone." The guy looked at him then at me. He left with a scoff and he smiled at me. Ruvel almost got his hair in the food, so I took a hair tie and pulled his hair back. His bangs were too short to pull back so I took bobby pins and pinned then back. "How did you do that so fast?" I barely heard him because of the face that I could finally see his face. He has another grey eye with freckles in it. ( Freckled eyes are just like normal eyes expect  The have darker colored dots in the irises.) He also had a scar running across the bridge of his nose. He blushed and I looked away. We continued eating and when we finished I threw my arms around him. Little did he know that in doing this, I easily took his wallet so I could pay. I left a five dollar tip for the waitress and he was okay with this. When we got to the register, he went to grab his wallet that was taken by yours truly. I payed and we left for home.

"Oh, wait I have something of yours. Ta-da!" He playfully glared at me and tried to grab it. I kept it barely out of his reach as I did my best to push him off of me.

Ruvel's P.O.V

In a last resort to get me wallet back, I kissed her on the head. She was so shocked that she literally dropped my wallet and stood there with a bright red tint on her face. I laughed and pulled her up off of the ground. "Ya okay, beautiful?" I asked. I chose this word as her nickname from now on.

"Yeah, I-I wasn't expecting you do do that." She stuttered.

"So, I have given you a nickname. Will you make me one or not? you don't have to."

"But I already have one for you, Handsome." She blushed as she said that. We had gotten back to the house by now and everyone was glaring at Sky as we walked in together. We did our homework and I sat with Sky as she did her part of her creative writing project. She looked really cute with her hair in a frizzy bun on top of her head as she made faces when she had a new idea on how she wanted her drawing to look. I laid on my stomach and waited for her to finish the part she was working on. I was about to pick her up when I heard the dinner bell. Was it 6:00 PM already? She still didn't stop her work, so I stopped it for her. I picked her up and gave a piggy back ride all the way to the dinning hall. We were eating seafood tonight so I was happy. Sky didn't get off of my back, so I got her a plate and sat down at the table with her.

"There we go, beautiful." I said then immediately regretted it. Kelly scoffed and everyone else had a normal reaction. The boys laughed and yelled things like "Yeah, right!" or  "Get your eyes checked, Ruvel!" I hate this place already.