Chapter 12

I got a pair of shorts and a loose tank top to put on and sat on my bed. I turned my tablet on and turned on my Bluetooth ear buds on and went to my Spotify. (Best music app ever!!!) I started playing songs from "Echosmith" as I tried to sleep and I soon was asleep. I had a really bad dream. My hands were tied behind me with a rope as Kelly was saying how she was so much better than me and how I would never have true friends. Then out of the darkness, Ruvel came out. He was talking but no sound was coming out. "Ruvel, help me. Please?" He laughed

"Only if I could, fatty." He said. I then realized that he was the only one talking. I woke up with a start and a yelp or whimper. I'm not completely sure which one. I then curled up in a ball and buried my head in between my legs. Someone must have heard me because I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Ruvel's P.O.V

I heard a whimper and rolled over to see Sky in a ball shaking. I got out of my bed and went over to hers. I placed a hand on her shoulder and just stayed there for a minute or so. She finally looked up to see me and scooted over a little, implying that she wanted me to sit on her bed with her. I got up there and she hid her face in my jacket. I put my arm around her and she felt really cold. My selfless instincts immediately kicked in. I unzipped my jacket and put it around her. Then I remembered that The reason I wore the jacket was because I couldn't find any clean shirts that weren't a polo shirt. She didnt seem to notice so I didn't care that much. She calmed down some and looked up. I smiled down at her and her beautiful eyes were glistening in the moonlight. Her hair was a little messy and just as adorable. She rubbed her eyes and she looked really tired. I smiled and tried to go to my bed,  bit she stopped me. "Stay with me?" She looked scared and yet again, my instincts kicked in.

"Of course." I laid down on my side and she did the same. She cuddled into my chest and I pulled her closer to me. She looked up and asked me something I would never think of.

"Did you think I'm fat? Be honest." I was shocked that she asked me this. She hid her face again and I sat up. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I moved her to were she was sitting on my lap and facing me. She was still looking down. I took my hand and gently lifted her head so I could see her face.

"I do not think you're fat. You are beautiful and I will never call you fat. You are perfect and you will always be to me," She was tearing up and smiling, "Why would you ask me that. You know what I think of you." She looked at me and sighed.

"I had a really bad dream where you had Kelly's voice and saying that I was ugly and fat and I was tied up and-" I pulled her tight and let her rest.  I didn't bother to put anything on my torso or move to a comfortable position. I let her move to where she was comfortable and she fell asleep.

Sky's P.O.V

I fell asleep with my head in the crook of Ruvel's neck. He smells like "Timber" from Old Spice. He was my distraction from the cruel world. As I drifted off into sleep, I heard him whisper, "Goodnight, Beautiful." And with that, I fell asleep.

I woke up about three minutes before Ruvel. I got dressed and left him a note saying that I was leaving early. I grabbed my stuff and snuck out of the house. I then walked to school and climbed a tree. I didn't want to deal with Kelly this early if she saw that I fell asleep on a shirtless Ruvel. Then I remembered something. I grabbed Ruvel's jacket instead on mine. It was really comfy and I don't think I'm going to give it back to him. It was a dull reddish color and the inside was fleece. It was somewhat big on me and I loved the idea of something being loose on me.