Chapter 15

Ruvel's P.O.V

Why do they all have to say anything that's on their minds? I mean come on, give me a break! Sky is beautiful and kind. She started eating her food without another thought. I smiled as I stared at her for half a minuet, then, I started eating my food. We were the last ones to be done because we actually ate a healthy amount of food. They were all still waiting for us to finish so we weren't alone together.  When I finished, I got up and picked up my dishes and started walking to the kitchen. "Oh, Ruvel, we just leave the dishes for mom." I sighed. I turned around to find that Kyle said this to me.

"Oh, well I have enough intelligence to put my dishes into the sink so that when I get out of here, I know how to do simple tasks that you man-whores don't think about because all you care about is getting laid. I have morals." I saw that Sky was trying so hard not to laugh. She got up and went with me to the kitchen. We went back to the library to hang out which turned into finding how many terrible pick up lines we could think of. The best one that we laughed at for about three minutes was 'Are you a fart? because you blew me away.' She told me that one. After that we started talking about our hope, wishes, and dream."What would you do if you went to school for art?" I asked her.

"I would probably graduate from college and get a job as a tattoo artist or a backdrop artist for plays. Okay, so what would you do if you went to school for music?"She asked me.

I thought about that for a minute and said, "I would probably become a musician for plays or a DJ for parties on the side of something promising." I remembered how my mom would always say that I would never become an well-known artist. Some people's parents would support them, but my mom was a drunk all the time and abused me. As I was thinking about my past life, I felt tears welling up inside of me. Sky hopefully didn't see and I pushed my emotions down into the lock box inside my soul.

Sky's P.O.V

I saw that Ruvel was hurting as he pushed away the tears in his eyes. I didn't even notice what I was doing until I did it. I was on top of his lap and hugged him. "It's okay, Handsome. you can show feelings to me. I won't care." When I said that, he didn't cry or anything. All he did was put his head in the crook of my neck and closed his eyes. I started playing with his hair and made a lot of little braids and after I made about twenty of them, he lifted his head. I stared into his eyes and he stared back. He moved his hand to my face and I blushed. He was acting really different. He slowly moved his face closer to mine. "Ruvel..." I quietly said before he kissed me. It wasn't hard or intense. It was soft and slow. A good kiss that wasn't just a kiss, it was him showing me his emotions in his own way. He backed away and he was blushing.

"Sorry! I should have asked you and-" He was rushing his words. I stopped him with a ruffle of his soft hair.

"Thank you, Ruvel. Its okay. I don't mind." I blushed even harder at the last part of my sentence. He smiled and held me in his arms for I don't know how long, but then I broke the silence with a question. "What are we?"

"I think the name for us is 'Friends with benefits.' Is that okay?" he asked. I cuddled into him and said

"Yes"